Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans Change - Natalya

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Plans Change - Natalya - Page 2 Empty Re: Plans Change - Natalya

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:35 pm

"If it were only that easy, Natalya." Dragon watched you tilt your head to the side. He frowned and shook his head. "No, not while I am trying to think. That would make me too dumb to figure this out for you." He smirked. "Although if you insist, I'm sure we can do something about it later." He ashed his cigar again and looked thoughtful.

"You could try to befriend Team NOS, but unless you're the shit for a driver and a heavy smoker who also happens to be connected to the street, underground, or presumably the police, I don't think you'll get further then hang-around status. Though I'm not sure that's what you meant."He paused. "Trying to distract them from Eve would work, for a while. They'd remain distracted until they got bored, it became a serious problem, or they managed to pick Eve off anyway."

He nodded with a long frown. "Now you know why they are the 9th most wanted kindred criminals in all of the Camarilla society. If we could figure out how to stop them, we'd have done it already...what most of us, that's Cainites overall, I mean, don't realize is that this isn't something that has only citywide consequences. If say, we managed to take out NOS, we'd have fixed some problems here, in our city...but what about the elder who controls some of the underground influence they use to move whatever from here to New York? He's now pissed, with his now unused and restless underworld influence."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Natalya smiled as she took a seat "So the lack of any real organisation in this city hurts any effective moves. There must be some form of social scene. I went to the hallowe'en party. How about embarassing them socially? After all Eve is but one woman. For her to survive against the mighty and vaunted team NOS for 24 hours.....it might turn up the heat in the short term for Eve, but in the long term they'd be likely to call it off. The longer she survives the more ineffective and useless the team looks." she lifted up one leg sitting on it as she continued "However, the real way to hurt these people would be to destroy the thing that makes their organisation powerful. If they're known for smuggling and that's how they build up resources and influence then a word in the right ear to the authorities.... or better yet, to their rivals and they will instantly start taking notice of the new threat. You'll also gain some measure with the Camarilla for handling an issue for them. They can't be too happy wth team NOS" she continued "and you may need some support within the Camarilla. You tread the line too close sometimes Dragon. So tell me more about Ken and Chris. They are Toreador....so what inspires them?"

Natalya saw his eyes track to the wine cabinet.
"If you're that hungry...."she tilted her head to one side to allow him to take what he needed.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Dragon grimaced. You could tell he was trying his hardest to see you through this web you were spinning. "If it worked that way out here in L.A. yes. Out here though, me trying to declare a boon over Eve would be too difficult... there's nobody to enforce it besides us, and doing so would reveal our presence too early." He followed you to the large living room and plopped down in his lazy boy chair. He took another long drag from the cigar and then smiled darkly as he ashed it in the ashtray.

"I like where you're going with your thinking. I do. It would do perfectly in an elder controlled Camarilla Elysium. It's par for the course there, perhaps even a stroke or two ahead of the curve. Out here in L.A. kindred would just assume solve things with stakes and bullets though. If it's too complicated for the average high school dropout..." He shrugged and looked thoughtful while he concentrated. He was sifting through information, trying to determine what was relevant and useful for you.

"Alright. Team NOS sprang up in the mid 90s. Originally they came from Virginia Beach. They rolled into New York and put up a huge struggle against the then Sabbat leadership in the Bronx. The city was ultimately controlled by the Camarilla but the Sabbat kept routinely filtering into the city. The Anarchs won out in the end, presumably with Eve's help." He paused and flicked more ashes into the ashtray. "Team NOS is led by Ken and Chris, a pair of Toreador. The two are into all sorts of smuggling. They've got underground connections up and down the east and west coasts and they regularly scoot from here to Vegas, to El Paso, up through San Antonio, and then all through the gulf as they work their way east. NOS is every bit as unpredictable as Eve likes to make everyone think she is. The difference is that NOS remains highly mobile, efficiently fast, and notoriously prepared for a fight. Most of the time when they come through everyone who cares either welcomes them or gets out of their way."

Dragon hit the cigar again as his eyes shifted from you to his wine cabinet, but he paused only long enough to catch his breath and think about how best to phrase what he was going to say next. "For the most part, the Camarilla's policy towards them is to ignore them long enough that they go away."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:03 pm

"Dragon, Eve, like it or not, is someone you can do business with in LA because you know what motivates her. She is a known quantity in the city. As the phrase goes 'better the devil you know, than the devil you don't' By sitting on the sidelines you abandon her to team NOS. You don't need to take any direct action to help her and certainly nothing that might jeopardise your position with team NOS. A word in the right ear might cause most of this to blow over with little fuss." she led Dragon back into the living room. "There are many solutions to a problem, not just one. By helping her, even directly, she owes you a debt of gratitude, and she becomes available more quickly to be my mentor into anarch society. There may even be ways such that everyone comes out of this as a winner. Your involvement may never need to be known, but to better decide, I'd need to know more about the city and team NOS specifically."

Last edited by purplegeekness on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Dragon smirked while he exhaled smoke. "Well, to be honest, I'm not planning on helping Eve. She dug herself into this mess, she can dig herself out of it. She wasn't anywhere to be found when Ezekiel was taking my city from me. She didn't lift one finger to come out here and find the fuckers who blasted Jennifer...No, no. If Eve wants my help, she's going to come to me begging for it. She'll predictably play the tough girl role, which I'll let simmer. I'll toy with it and nibble. Then she'll think she's playing me, and try to seduce me because she knows I have no problem sucking on her neck. Then she'll try to tie me up in her scheme with NOS by being all mysterious and evasive, hoping that I'll be confused and insecure enough to dig into it myself." Dragon shrugged casually. "Eve likes to think she's unpredictable..."

As you kept going, he trailed off, but then came back to the point where you mentioned interfering between Eve and NOS. "I'm not sure I follow you though. Why do you think it would be prudent to interfere with NOS and Eve? That would blow our cover by making my presence public. If we protected Eve, it would also give NOS a reason to be pissed at us."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Natalya listened to everything Dragon had to say. "If you say there is nothing between you and Eve, then I have to accept it, even though it is very hard to beleive. Her primary problem and the reason for the delay of this plan is team NOS. So our goal will have to be to distract team NOS from her. Cause them enough issues that Eve seems a tiny little thing by comparison. So I have several questions for you, Dragon. Do you wish to help Eve? How much do you want to help her? How far are you willing to go to help her? Finally, tell me everything you can about team NOS. How many people are there? How well equipped are they? Who are their enemies? Who are their friends? Where do they get their information from? Their supplies? How does one impress the group?" Natalya stood up straightening her dress as she stalked. "I take it offering them mere money is not enough to make them stop?" she pursed her lips as she spoke "To avoid being remiss Dragon, you need to stop treating me as a childe that doesn't know any better. Treat me as the person you would have me be. Include me in your plans and strategies. I might be more helpful than you think"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Dragon looked thoughtful while he listened. He didn't comment, except for at the end after you mentioned Team NOS. "While not the largest, NOS is one of the more dominant factions out here in L.A. Eve crossed them. She crossed them bad and now they've put up 5 million to whomever takes her down. Eve dismisses the challenge - Dragon paused as he cut himself off. "This is foolish and dangerous on her part. She might be compared to Edge, but she's not Edge, and Team NOS is intimately familiar with her. I don't necessarily think they'll succeed in killing her, but I do believe they'll fuck her and her reputation all up before they're done."

Once finished with the base information, he shifted the subject to how it concerned you. "Five million is a lot of money...maybe not for you or I who have dumptruck loads of it, but to the majority of kindred who are lucky to scrape up a hundred bucks to take their dinner date out, it's an awful lot. Team NOS wouldn't intentionally do anything to you for fear of my reprisal. However, they don't know you, and even if they did, they are reckless enough to not worry about you as collateral damage. I don't doubt you. I doubt them."

Dragon gave it a minute or two while he drew a cigar and lit it with a wooden match. It was a surprisingly different, moist blueberry scent unique to any of the others he's had. While considering what your sire was saying, your eyes fell on the cigar and how careful he was. Dragon had twisted the cigar in his hands while it lit up so that it burned evenly. It was precisely four long drags, an exhale, and then two more. It dawned on you for perhaps the very first time just how much care Dragon put into his every action. "Perhaps I have been remiss. What would you like to do about it?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Natalya watched Dragon resentfully. "Dragon. I've never been disrepectful to you or to anything around me. So I played a little with fire and a cigar. This is not something large in the scheme of things. I am frivolous with it because it is one of the few things I can be frivolous about. I have met every expectation you've had of me. I've provided my thanks on many occasions and in more than mere actions. If you think I'm being remiss in saying thank you, then thank you." she remained slumped on the ground looking up at him.

"I do not think I am being, as you put it 'a royal bitch'. I've made you aware of my thoughts. You're the only person with whom I provide the absolute truth. You've been remiss in telling me of your grand plan for this place. You've been remiss in telling me of your grand plan for me. It might be true, I do not see our relationship as a traditional sire/childe relationship. If I did, I do not think you would have had me do this job. I can play the lip service that the others need to see, but I'll never feel the shackles that bind their souls into subservience."

Natalya looked carefully at Dragon as she continued speaking "Dragon, you've no reason to fear a challenge from me. I love you. I wouldn't ever do such a thing, even if it should mean I suffer the Final Death. I have no intention of challenging you, or the clan. I don't see any of my personal goals as being incompatible with those of your won or with the clan as a whole. You see my every action through a critical eye that sees any deviance as a threat. there is no threat...........and no, I've no idea who you're talking about. Who is team NOS?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Dragon sighed again, this one more heavy, but he let go of his control allowing you to slump to the ground. "It's one thing Natalya to be casual. It's another to be outright disrespectful. I make few demands - I am demanding in that I shoot for perfection, but I make few actual demands. I'm not looking for yes master, no master, I will do your whim master. But a yes sir, or an I'm not sure what you mean, sire, or a goddamned thank-you once in a while would do a lot."

He hadn't moved from his spot. "There's a difference between being a royal bitch and being an Anarch. To do this right, you're going to have to learn to balance the two. When it comes to the clan, me, Tyler, our superior, Lord Combs, it'll be difficult for you because you are a rebel at heart...but in all earnest, what would either of them have done? Even Eve said you clearly weren't beat enough."

Dragon finally rose from his seat. He folded his arms and leaned against the wall. He was looking down, but not condescending. "I didn't bring you out here to L.A. because I wanted you to continually challenge me. I brought you out here because I wanted you to learn from my examples, and to use what you pick up from me to make yourself head bitch in charge out here. Right now you are the closest thing Clan Tremere has to an Anarch prince. I want you to succeed, but it won't work if you're going to challenge your clan. As far as Ryan is concerned, you're a project that is a waste of clan resources. I disagree, and I've wagered a lot on it...Is this making sense, or no?"

Your sire gave you a few seconds to regain complete complete composure before continuing. "I was planning on taking you out to a place where you could interact with a few kindred you could tangle up into a web or two, and experience first hand what it's like outside of this chantry. Eve fucked it all up though by getting a bounty put on her head. Do you know who Team NOS is?" You really didn't, being a cloistered and sheltered childe of an Archon, but they sounded like something important with the way he said their name.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Natalya's eyes shed tears from the pain, the blood dripping slowly down her face. "Yes, master." She had no idea what he wanted. He'd seemed to be wanting her to be anarchic and show backbone, yet the moment she did he decided to crush her under his boot. He was hurting her and for what reason? As far as she was aware she was chosen precisely because she was not like her other siblings, and now he seemed to have issues with that.

"I will obey your every whim, Dragon. Just please let me go." she didn't comment on anything he said about Eve, despite the temptation. He'd made it clear it wsn't any of her business. He'd fall into her plots on his own. Whatever was going on, it was obviously a matter of great concern to Dragon. His moods had changed rapidly over the last few days. She'd need to be more sensitive to them.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Getting close enough to grab a cigar, much less light one up was an impossibility, since even an annoyed Dragon was enough to do ... well, whatever it was he just did. You didn't see it. You didn't hear it, and you sure as hell didn't expect it. But you felt it. Something had struck you dead center in the chest. It lifted you from your feet and slammed you into the wall. Your head bounced causing immediate blurred vision and a teary haze. Wow it hurt...

"You seem to have trouble knowing when something is appropriate and when it isn't. While I am assessing your potential, you do not play games. You certainly do not ever mock me. Never. Ever. Ever again. You have potential, but none of your siblings act like you. I just got through telling you the plans with Eve were changing because she couldn't refrain from getting herself into trouble."

He sighed, but hadn't picked himself up from his spot. If anything he looked more relaxed. You however were still in pain...and pressed against the wall. "I understand you're jealous about the situation with Eve. I have no idea why since it's not like we're a mated pair or anything. Nor am I impressed with childish games. That is precisely the reason why I get bored and agitated. I have no patience for such things. I have expectations. You do what I want when I want you to do it and in exchange you get to live like a queen who can set shit on fire by barely thinking about it. It is not a difficult arrangement. Why must you make it so?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Natalya sighed in frustration "I know Dragon, I might be your childe, but I'm not a child" She moved towards Dragon patting his chest pocket. She withdrew another cigar from his pocket, she cut it with the machine they used and placed it in her mouth. A few seconds later, with no apparant signs of having lit the cgiar, the room filled with the smoke from it. Natalya's face lit with pleasure. The pungent scent this time was of cinnamon and pumpkin. "Mmmmmm. I'll need to get some of these for myself and look, no hands." She looked at Dragon sarcastically as she made a jazz hands gesture.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Dragon's face instinctively pulled back. He pulled the cigar from his mouth, looked at it, and then looked at you with a raised eyebrow. "Nice. But it goes without saying that if you ever do that again I'm going to put you through a wall." He wasn't joking, but then in his defense you did just blow up a cigar in his face.

"Now can you do it without breaking the Masquerade? The flash and flair is nice, and sometimes it works to your benefit. But most times you have to be able to work your magic without being noticed or otherwise drawing attention to yourself." He got a new cigar from inside a shirt pocket. This one had a black cherry and light chocolate scent. He lit it with his pinky finger while watching you.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 am

The member 'purplegeekness' has done the following action : Dices roll

'TBLA Dice' : 9, 8, 9, 2, 5, 4
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 am

Natalya looked at Dragon. "I'm hardly a child any more. There's no need to test me so." She opened her palm, a thin circle of blood appeared on the surface of her skin. As the intricate pattern filled in, her palm erupted in a burst of flame. Natalya's eyes met Dragons, mischief danced in her eyes. She held her palm up to her mouth blowing on the flame, the dancing light grew more intense in her hand. After she thought she'd played around with it enough she blew hard, the ball of flame flew towards Dragons cigar immolating it. All that remained was a mere half inch worth of cigar extended from his lips.

"Oops!" her tone of voice told Dragon that there was no mistake in what she'd decided to do. Igniting his cigar was a cleansing experience for Natalya. "I think I might go shopping for a gift later this evening.....unless you have other plans for me."

OOC:Don't think the die roller is working just yet....so I rolled on RPOL and forgive the artistic license with the Flame thing.
09:16, Today: The Enlightened One rolled 5 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 4. no reason.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Dragon watched you as you responded to his question. While you pecked him on the cheek, he tilted his head to the side. He read the title of the tome out loud and smiled with a raised eyebrow. "I hear she likes white jade."

Then Dragon looked thoughtful. "You've got the technique you say? Alright then light my cigar." Dragon put the cigar to his lips and looked at you with a smirk. "This should be pretty easy if you know what you're doing."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 pm

"Good evening Dragon, I hope you had an excellent time last night with Eve." the jealousy dripped from her voice. She was perfectly happy not to have to deal with that vindictive cow. It seemed to her as if she was just manipulating Dragon to acheive her own goals. She wouldn't have minded so much if she were just using him for pleasure. For her to use him to meet a goal caused her anger to rise.

"Yes, the books Tera gave me have been very informative. They've suggested other areas of study and in themselves are absolutely fascinating. I've been practicing using the flame technique and I've already improved significantly. I will need to buy a token of appreciation for Tera. Tell me what do you think she might like?" Natalya drifted towards Dragon from the bed, lifting the book she choose to read before retiring to show Dragon. She gave him a polite kiss on the cheek. "So what am I to do now that I will no longer be anarch?" She laughed amused as she waited to hear what Dragon was going to expect her to do next.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Plans Change - Natalya - Page 2 Empty Plans Change - Natalya

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Dragon approached you early the next night. You were still a little groggy but at the same time you were a little excited that you could catch things on fire. Dragon was wearing a pair of soft khakis and a button down shirt. He was smoking a cigar, it smelled like cherries and brown sugar. "Good evening Natalya."
Dragon waved his hand towards the door. "There's been a change of plans with Eve. She has...she has issues she needs to take care of before she'll be any help to you. It's a setback, I know, but I think you've got plenty of other things going on that will keep you busy anyway."
Smiling, Dragon walked towards the table. "Did you find anything worth reading?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2