Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's behind door Number 6? - Ekaterina & Natalya

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's behind door Number 6? - Ekaterina & Natalya Empty Re: What's behind door Number 6? - Ekaterina & Natalya

Post by purplegeekness Sun May 03, 2009 4:14 am

Natalya stood up from the table a broad smile across her face.

"Well ladies, now that our potential future together has been discussed. I propose a toast. To the future." her voice lowered to a whisper "I'll have the wrestler....but I'm willing to share if anyone feels up to it." she nudged Ekaterina with her elbow "I know what you mean, but you called dibs. Fair is fair."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

What's behind door Number 6? - Ekaterina & Natalya Empty Re: What's behind door Number 6? - Ekaterina & Natalya

Post by Penny Dreadful Sun May 03, 2009 3:54 am

As everyone was getting up, Ekaterina gave the table they were joining a quick appraising glance. "I claim the English one" she said in a quiet voice. "I love the way they talk."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sun May 03, 2009 3:20 am

Natalya looked towards Tera and Vera before nodding. "Very well, we'll go and see these new friends of yours. Just let us know how much you've sampled from each of them. I wouldn't want to inadvertently cause any problems. Vera, have you made a decision yet or do you wish to have some time to think it over?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun May 03, 2009 2:58 am

Tera nodded. She was about to say something when the cocktail waitress showed up. She was a tall but thin redhead who was almost a little too thin. She had five grand on each half of her chest though, and red freckles all over the rest of her body. She smiled politely and introduced herself as Aurora. Then she proceeded to lower herself down to the table a bit. She inclined her head in the direction Vera and Tera were talking earlier, and then mentioned that the guy there - with two other girls - wanted to know if you four would be willing to join them.

Tera almost excitedly, and before anyone else could respond, agreed! After Aurora left and went back towards the bar, Tera's excite expression remained right where it was. "I met them earlier. That guy's name is Vic. The one woman... the really tall one is Holly. I had a pick me up from her earlier. Tee-hee. And the other, the shorter one with frizzy hair. She has a British accent. Her name is Linda."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sun May 03, 2009 2:42 am

Natalya leaned forward smiling. "The only people that care about Whisper and Brooke....are Whisper and Brooke. My opinions may be biased, but I'm not all that concerned with Royal Blood any more. They've transformed Royal Blood from a coterie, into a cattery. They think they are more important than they actually are. Whisper and Brooke do not represent any great threat or concern to me. They might snipe at us, but they'll only do it from shadows." her glance moved to Tera. "What they did to Tera was wrong. We'll all see they recognise the magnitude of that error in time."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun May 03, 2009 1:21 am

Veronica responded by quickly shaking her head no, indicating that there was no such schism. However she stopped herself before going too far. "Si. Problems, yes, but not like the kind that Tera had with Royal Blood." Veronica turned briefly to Tera, who shivered back a low growl, shaking her head. Veronica continued. "But what I meant was, I don't care for Whisper or Brooke very much."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Natalya looked concerned at Veras statement. "So, the Millionaires Club has divisions from within? I can only state that yes, you will take a hit financially when we start. You should know better than I the profits media can make. I think we have more to offer than the Millionaire's Club. Yes, you are taking a risk by joining us. I cannot deny it. We'll have to sort out our relationships with the other coteries and with the Kingpin. I think initially we'll be neutral at best with most. Needless to say, Royal Blood and the Millionaire's Club will be most set against us. I think in the end we can work out reasonable relations with the club. They represent financial resources that we can tap into and provide reasonable return on investment. If you have any concerns Vera, this is the time to raise them, before we get much deeper."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Veronica's smile turned dark. Her eyes were sharp as ever. She toyed with the pearls for a few seconds and then turned her attention from Ekaterina to Tera. She said something to her in a Language neither of you understood. Tera's eyebrows raised. She looked a little shocked. Tera in turn looked at Natalya, and then at someone in the crowd of people now by the bar. She crinkled her nose and shook her head, and then said something back in the same language.

Veronica's features seemed to brighten just a little. Finally, she spoke in English again, her accent still as audible as ever. "Now see, wasn't that easy? No need to be sassy about it. I can understand why you wouldn't want everyone to know that Tatiyanna made you. I wouldn't want that out either. Thankfully, I hate the bitch." Vera looked at Natalya. "To be honest, Tera's problems with Royal Blood are similar to mine."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Natalya bowed her head. "Thank you for sharing Ekaterina. I did not wish to presume to speak for you. It is up to you to decide how much you wish to share with all of us."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Sat May 02, 2009 11:09 am

"I just told you" she said, sounding slightly impatient. "It is magic of the land. It is different from the blood magic you will undoubtedly have heard of. A full explanation would take more time than we have so you will have to be content with this for the time being."

"As for my lineage... " She glanced at Natalya and then back at Veronica. "I tell you all of this only because I have no wish to be the cause for Natalya's plans to fail, because at the moment it appears my fate is closely tied to hers. My sire is Tatiyanna Kozlinski. Do not ask me about her sire or grandsire, because I don't know who they are. I have little desire to meet my grand- or great grandsire, if they even still exist, so again you will have to be content with that."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 9:34 am

Veronica's strong gaze turned on Ekaterina. Her eyes didn't soften, but the tone of her voice was even and smooth. Her spoken Italian accent was easy enough to make. "Your lineage is what is important. It should be, at least in my mind, one of the things that helps define your position and your personality." Veronica's attention switched between the three of you. "But you said something that really has my mind in... in a state of confusion. What is Koldunic Sorcery?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 am

It was Ekaterina's turn to look annoyed. "There is no deception, suspicious one, at least not on my part. There is simply not more to tell. Do not blame me if you are so used to double-dealings that you cannot accept a simple answer. The truth is not always complicated. But for your benefit I will expound on my answer, though you will see it doesn't add much. It only makes the story more long-winded."

"I have spent my unlife thus far serving my Sire as a spy, and in that time I have developed some skill at it. I have some financial assets left over from my breathing days, and when my Sire permitted me some leisure time I devoted myself to studying the Mysteries, 'magic', in layman's terms. My focus is on koldunic sorcery, the magic of the lands, and I have discovered that I have a talent for it. My time in servitude thus far has not permitted me to hone that talent overly much, but now that I am free of my Sire I expect to make brisk progress."

"And that is all there is to tell, unless you wish a complete life story and a recitation of my lineage."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 3:18 am

Vera took the option to answer. She did it pointedly and candidly. "Alright. I'll try to be as nice about this as I can be. I asked who and what she was. All I got was a really vague answer that says she's a spy and has some money... That... that's not good enough for me. I'm on the fence already just because I am predisposed elsewhere. But so far you don't have much to show me, and you can't even be honest with me about who and what your friends are. I'm not dumb, I can't take things just on face value."

Veronica paused. She slowly started to rise. "Therefore, I apologize. I appreciate your sire's hospitality, but your continued deception has completely killed any interest I have."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 2:44 am

"Ekaterina's addition to the coterie is a new thing. I'd no intention of inviting her to join.....until she changed my mind....tonight. Her talents are self evident, and I assure you she is excellent at what she does. She will prove to be a valuable addition to the coterie and has an ideal skill set. Do you have any concerns you wish to raise? Either in public or in private?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 2:27 am

Veronica responded with a simple, one worded answer. "Oh." She went quiet and redirected her attention towards Natalya. She leaned back in her seat. Everyone could see she wasn't happy about the intentional deception, or rather, the lack of truth regarding Ekat's answer. It was one of those general statements that said a lot and revealed nothing. From Vera's perspective, how could she even consider joining a coterie if they're not willing to be entirely up front and honest with her?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Fri May 01, 2009 7:52 pm

"I could ask you the same question, but since we are being asked to work together I will answer yours."

"My name is Ekaterina Kayakova. You have not seen me before because wearing my own face in public is not something I have been in the habit of doing. What I have is a great deal of talent in the Ars Mysteriorum, as well as not inconsiderable financial resources, though nothing quite as grand as either of you can bring to bear. I can also disguise myself very well, obviously, and thus make an effective spy, should the need arise."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri May 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Veronica's left eyebrow perked about an eighth of an inch when Ekat made the comment about a cabal. She waited until the two of you were done going back and forth for a second. Before she spoke, she looked at Tera questioningly, and it was clear that she was perhaps just a little confused before her attention shot on over to Natalya. "You have my attention enough that I am willing to listen. There are some things I'd like to hear more about but..."

Veronica's eyes slid over to Ekat. Her face followed. She leaned forward in her seat, elbows on the table. "Who are you, and what do you offer? I can see Natalya's perspective, and I already know Tera and Sean. I don't like Jack. He's too brutish, but his muscle carries weight, which carries protection and reputation. I've met most anyone of importance in this city, and I've never met you, seen you, or heard of you before? I won't work with anyone I am not familiar with, be it for good or for ill. Before I can even let myself get caught up in this, I need to know."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri May 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Natalya smiled "I have a lot of research to do myself. Fortunately, we should be covered in all respects. Remember the object of this coterie is not to make enemies. There are no other coteries with interests in this area at the moment. I daresay we might step on a few toes here and there, but our object is to end up on as good a terms as possible with everyone out there. That is the dream. I sincerely hope there's no need to burn anyone in their haven, but I'm preparing towards that eventuality. Welcome to our new little family Ekaterina. Vera are you interested?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Fri May 01, 2009 3:58 am

"That does sound interesting. I do need allies for when this whole business with my Sire is over, and it would spare me much odious licking of boots to get accepted by someone else. Very well, I will join your cabal, though I must stress, as I did earlier, that my researches will be my primary goal. But anything that frees up time to work towards that end and prevents me from having to spend my nights politicking and maneuvering just so these cretins don't burn down my haven during the day is welcome."

Last edited by Penny Dreadful on Fri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 am

Natalya frowned "I'm not exactly sure what you mean by results. At the moment, we've not actually begun operations. I'm really looking at this stage to find out who would be interested so we can proceed. If the idea is a no starter then I'll abandon it and work up something different. So far it looks positive, and our initial project shouldn't require a huge amount of investment.....yet the rewards should prove fairly lucrative, both in terms of profit and influence. It also provides an easy way to expand for the future." she leaned over the table "I'm also asking a couple of more....physically minded individuals to join the coterie, both to add status and also as muscle. Inevitably when you begin as we do, you will attract some level of jealousy from others had not thought of it. Does this answer your question?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri May 01, 2009 2:19 am

Vera and Tera joined the two of you. Your small table was sitting at a corner angle facing the bar and the haibachi grill. There was a wall behind you with a comfortable wooden feel and a warm light glow. There were several leafy but unobtrusive plants on the right spots all over the wall. Tera lapsed into a bit of a loll as you directed the conversation towards Ekat and Veronica.

Veronica gave Ekaterina a chance to talk first, because the two of you seemed more familiar with each other. She toyed with her pearls, and when she had the chance to ask a question, she politely took it. "Sounds good, but can you show me any results?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Natalya walked with Ekaterina over to a booth, specifically selected for having no one close enough to overhear their discussions. She motioned for Ekaterina to select a place to sit, sitting down across from her as she waited for Tera to finish up her moment or two of privacy with Vera. She waved to them once Ekaterina had settled in. When everyone was comfortable she began her conversation.

"Well, Vera and Ekaterina, you both know I'm planning on building a new coterie in LA. I'd like to invite you both to join it. I've noticed that many things in this town remain static until someone nudges them in one direction or another.... and that's what I'd like to do, create an organisation that is capable of nudging. I was surprised to see that in LA, no Kindred has become heavily involved with the media. Vera you have some connections that way, so you'll understand what I'm talking about. It's a massive industry here, and that is what I'm talking about getting into. The potential is there for everything and everyone. If we do this correctly we'll not suffer for lack of influence anywhere. I'm talking about all media, advertising, newspapers, magazines, books, TV shows, computer games, movies. There's money to be made there, but far more importantly there's opportunity. Vera, you've been in the Millionaires club since you've been here. With all of the power that money has brought you....have you had as much influence as you would like? Ekaterina.....this represents a good opportunity for you to remain out of the normal cut and thrust of kindred affairs. We can be as helpful or as much of a hindrance as we wish to be to push our agenda. I intend to start small and build it up slowly as our resources and influence climb. I even have a first project in mind. Does this sound as though it might interest you?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Doan took your request seriously. He grinned and showed off a little. He took your card, looked at it a little surprised, and then immediately he went to the register. After a few swift key strokes, the swiping of your card, a bit of a wait, and then the swiping of a new card, Doan returned. He smiled at Ekat, and then handed her a small keypad. Doan had her punch in a series of 4 digit codes, along with some personal information regarding a password. A picture to go with the card made sure she could go passed the security points, and finally, after mere 200.00 fee later, (which was put on your tab, of course) had Ekat her own passcard to Room 6.

Ekat's card could get her to her room, and to the elevator that went upstairs. It also allowed her access to the carport, and, just as interesting, gave her a 100,000.00 spending limit. What she could spend 100,000 on in the club was beyond both of you, but she had it.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:16 pm

"Hi Doan" she smiled at the bartender "At the moment, we are here for a guest card for Ms. Kayakova, you should have one behind the bar for her, but for later....who knows?" The bartender seemed polite and clean. He might provide the perfect appetiser for the main course.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Tera looked happy. She didn't need help standing, and was actually, out of the three of you, the one with the most agility and dexterity. On the flip side, she was happy and giddy and obviously high. Tera was just about to answer you, regarding who she'd bitten when Vera came out of the bathroom. Veronica Giovanni struck an impressive figure.

At a solid, slender 5'9" Vera made the six foot mark by wearing three inch heels. Her blond hair was pulled back into a French braid. She had on a loose fitting forest green spring dress that fell off her shoulders. A classy belt tied off on the front of the dress helped it fit her form. She was wearing a tasteful strand of pearls and three gold bracelets on her wrist. Vera looked stunning, she really did.

Tera ran up to her again. The two spoke briefly for a second while the two of you hit the bar. Tera gave the two of you another polite minute while the bartender came over. "Hi. I'm Doan. Is there something I can get for you ladies?" he asked, politely. He had a nice looking face with curly blond hair. His eyes were his money makers.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next