Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENERAL CHAT THREAD

+12
Penny Dreadful
Marselle Qin
Beta
Elizabeta
Richbo
Dice Master
Claymore
purplegeekness
Phunnboi
dejavue
Jedi_Master_007
Ac1ds0ld13r
16 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty Re: GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:15 pm

We're not starting the setting over again, but we are starting the game over. You can use the same character or make a new one. I guess, ideally, what we're doing is fixing errors. Ac1d and I loved the coterie thing, and I particularly like the idea of the different covenants (like in Requiem) but we don't want to tank what we already have.

Make sense?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:42 pm

I think I might have missed something or some such. But I'm getting the impression that you're starting things over here, not just continuing. Am I correct?

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:59 pm

There, I have been working on that Gorram character sheet and getting it all lined up to look nice and neat. It's taking longer then I'd like, but it is almost done. I can get it to line up nice if everything is in the Courrier New font, but this thing doesn't recognize more then a double space between words or characters so...

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am

There. Character creation has been updated and moved to it's own location. Over the next few minutes I'll be moving the character sheet and giving a list of dos an donts if you want to get approved and added to the game.

Maps are good Phunny. Feel free to start working on the locations we've already added. Razz

Ac1d are you working on that other faction for the cast or am I going to have to do that too? Razz All joking aside, I was leaving it to you because 1) I'd like to see how you would work around Edge, and 2) I thought you'd like to have some input on who the factions of Anarchs trying to control of the city are.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Maps are cool. If we run out of room I was thinking about making a flickr for the game and we can just link images from there. But for the maps keep them small as possible. Smile And go nuts. Razz
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Hey, sorry I haven't been able to help, maybe my skills aren't as known as I thought..lol

I have virtually no skills or knowledge about web page construction or HTML/BB code. Sorry just not something I've picked up, I'm kind of a tech-tard (hope that doesn't offend anyone). I can draw those nifty maps I did for Braddock and New York though. That's where my creativity and skills shine through. So I'll happy to make some for the game, or even for any PCs who might request, just let me know.

As a side note, I've been working/typing/living with a broken hand for the last month, I've got two more weeks in a splint then, YEAY!! physio...woo-hoo... I isn't my dominant hand, though I can't throw snowballs or play hockey so I feel pretty useless(obligatory Canadian joke...sorry)

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 am

At this point I think I'm looking for someone to handle house keeping around the forum. Theres a lot of things, that need to be tweaked in the Mandatory Reading forum to make it more user friendly. Things like using bold and colors to separate smaller sections. These are all things I had done in NYU and in TBLA back on rpol. Only problem with directly copying them is that HTML tags are not read here. Which means they all have to be switched over to BB Code. Now, on the plus side of that I've noticed that some of the keyboard shortcuts work here. EX: Ctrl+B will automatically drop the codes for Boldface in the window, and put the cursor in the middle of it so you can just keep typing. A lot of the stuff works like this, which helps, but for changing colors and fonts, theres just no way to do it except with the code.

From an IC point of view, yes, absolutely, giving us a list of things you want to do / dont want to do with your PCs will be a tremendous help. Since we have the unique opportunity to go back and redesign the entire setting, this will be a huge help as we can now rebuild parts of it around your PCs.

EDIT: Ill go back and work a bit on the Factions and rip my char. creation rules off of NYU. I don't remember anything that changed, but if we did we can go back and work them over again.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:36 am

I as well have made some updates. I have finished my information on the Midnight Guardians and am now set to post it. I cleaned up the Cast thread a bit too.

Phunny Man and Dejavue, if it's mod / ST status you're after, or if you're trying to help, it's all good. But in earnest, we (that's the STs) need to see what it is you're thinking or wanting to do. It's hard to help us get things squared away if we're not sure what you want to do. Razz The same goes for playing too...

We'd like to know where you want your character(s) to go and what kind of storyline ideas you'd like to use. I do not plan on leading players around by their noses. If you can't think of something you want to do on your own, not even a little, you're going to get bored quick.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:42 am

Check out the updates thread. Smile made some nifty changes.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Awesome. thanks.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:43 am

I've added stuff to the Cast thread.

EDIT: Ac1d, I resent that stuff to you in Email. I also sent you an email about the cast thread too.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty NEWEST TOPICS UP AT THE TOP!

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 pm

UPDATE: Added a ranking system. Those Stars WILL be replaced as soon as I can come up with something more clever, likely the titles will change too. In the meantime, don't want to be a Neonate? Post more Very Happy First change is at 400 posts, doubles from there all the way up to the 7th star being filled. Those might change as well.

Also, enabled quick reply. its not as fully featured as the regular reply, but handy. Im also working on getting this damn thing to list newest posts first as soon as I can find the thing....

EDIT: THE NEWEST POSTS TO THE OOC, IC AND CREATIVE WRITING THREADS WILL NOW APPEAR AT THE TOP OF THOSE THREADS!
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 pm

I could use someone to come back behind me and double check the permissions uploading and posting. Though the fact that you and Dejavue both managed to get avatars up indicates it is. Still, better safe than sorry. And once Jedi gets me that data I'd like some help organizing the threads.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty Hey there everybody...

Post by Phunnboi Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:06 am

Well I'm here. Not too sure what to do just yet, but I'm twittering around the site trying to figure things out somewhat. As a self proclaimed 'Tech-tard' it might take me a little time to get used to this new site. Oh and I broke my hand a couple of weeks ago so my typing is very slow and annoying so no guarantees of long posts for a while, cast comes off in two weeks maybe, then physio...yeay. cheers

That being said, I'd like to help get this baby back in running order asap so I'll throw my hat in to assist. I'm pretty sure you are familiar with my abilities Acid so just let me know what I can do.

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:31 pm

Weird you should have the same privs i got. its cool ill add mod to it.

EDIT: Your shit's fixed.

EDIT AGAIN: I need all of that data again is what I was getting at. Even the stuff you sent me.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Oh yeah, why am I not a mod and not have special access to all of the threads? Making me a mod so I can post in these threads should've been one of the first things done. Twisted Evil I can't alter anything in the cast thread even if I wanted too. It says I am an admin, but then it says I need special access to post in all of these other threads you set up. It's either a lying squirt of ass leakage or you're slipping Ac1d. Very Happy

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:34 pm

When it comes to running other games, like the Sabbat one, the truth is, it was garbage and not up to my standards. I'm glad it is dead and gone. Right now I'm just another player. I can only post here. I am not at my own computer so I can't upload anything... When it comes to the cast you're (we're) going to have to start all over again from the ground up.

With the exception of Edge, who is still going to be the unstoppable head bitch in charge, and Dragon, who is the Archon directing all non anarch traffic, I don't really have anything else to say or anymore input until everything I sent you gets put up here.

So yeah, the game needs the ST(s) to do the important shit, like posting creation rules, the cast, which factions or which groups you want to be in control, and all of that stuff, or, upload everything I already sent you, and treat that as my input. Make sense?

Last edited by Jedi_Master_007 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty *waves*

Post by dejavue Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:00 am

Hey again guys, sorry I haven't been posting alot here but I've been dealing with some personal issues at home and my work schedule is insane to say the least. Right now I work weekends and I pull 10 hour shifts. I'll post again as soon as I can.

I would love to help build this forum but honestly, I don't have the first clue as to how you guys do half the things you do on here. Sorry Sad

As for a backstory for Ember and Gina... well again there's that whole work thing, but Ember's will most likely be done first. Gina will happen in stages as her personality develops post embracing. Smile Seriously, I can't wait to see how that goes.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty CHECKLIST

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Sheet: Sounds like a good plan. I was thinking it would be easier to convert than it's turned out to be.

MAPS: I'll add a 3rd forum for maps under the PHOTOS link up at the top of the page.

EVERYONE: IF YOU CANNOT POST A PICTURE OF YOUR PC TO THE APPROPRIATE FORUM PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GET IT FIXED! THANKS. Jedi, I think I got you squared away so you should be able to post.

Backstory: Yeah I was in a Tyler mood last night so thats what I did. I'll eventually get around to adding more for NPCs and such.

THE CAST THREAD: If you managed to save that data too I need it and I'll start cutting and pasting it up. This weekend I am off (with the exception of an hour Sunday morning) so this would be a good time to get this stuff done. Again, feel free to start adding stuff where you see its needed. If the active IC threads were kept from RPoL please go ahead and either add them, or give them to me so I can add them. This way we can get everyone running again while we work out the kinks with the new system. I'm just as eager to get rolling as I'm hoping everyone else is.

POSTING: Yeah I was really hoping to be able to get some more people in here posting on this thing with their input, and again, anyone willing to help will be rewarded with Storybucks / EXP and possibly Mod status if they're willing to put in the extra effort once things get rolling. This COULD mean, the ability to run small scenes in the absence of Jedi or myself (likely), as well as insuring everyone is adhering to the TOU for Forumotion.com.

As far as what I need from Jedi:
- Any data you have from RPOL
- I seen you had another version of this game (Sabbat) and if you want to run it here I need that data as well, I believe there's a way to set up groups and Categories with other Forums dedicated to them. Which means we are not really limited with what we can do here.
- Feedback from everyone else about what they would like to see / not see here. I know this sounds kind of wishy washy, but this is probably going to be the new home for this game (and maybe NYU if I move it over and decide to dust it off again). Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

As an aside, getting our own website to host this stuff is something Jedi and I have kicked back and forth for a few years now. This, to me, seemed like a great opportunity to test a few ideas I had as well as get us off of RPoL and away from their inane bullshit. Being privy to a lot of the details about what happened before TBLA was shut down, we got screwed. Granted, we dropped the ball as your STs, but we still got screwed. That can't happen here. Very Happy
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:31 am

So Ac1d, I am running through a checklist of stuff here on this forum. I have some questions and comments. Razz

The character sheet.

I know you like it, but it's crap man. Razz Let's KISS and just use the .txt based one I've written up so long ago. It has everything we need on it, and is already set to go. Why not just do like RPOL did and have a character sheet for each person, but just have it set up to use the .txt one instead of the drop down buttons that you need to do some more editing on before they even work... does that make sense?

Pictures, avatars, and post - It's nice that Kim posted in the OOC thread, but out of everyone that joined, only two of us are posting for more then a single ooc post or two. Razz Pffft. I was kind of hoping to see somebody else's back story.

The cast thread is still blank...

And I know you said there was some things you wanted to get input from me on. What were they again? Razz

Oh yeah and before I forget, where can we put the maps and stuff?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty More news....

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:00 am

Registering should be easier now and not require validation through an email. Hopefully this makes it easier on everyone to come after you all. Sorry if it was a hassle to begin with. Like I said, this is still a bit of a work in progress, but its coming along quickly.

I need to get with the Jedi over there and see about when we're going to start the IC threads and what we're missing. Obviously the sheets need to be done first. Also, anyone willing to help out please send me an IM, I'll give you Mod status long enough for things to get rolling, those that are particularly effective will keep it as the game(s) grows Smile

EDIT: After a little testing, since this game was supposed to be really, really, really huge in scope. We can add enough Categories for enough forums to run everything from here. What a Face
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty Character Sheet

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 am

Working on a Character sheet and you all have one. If you go under the Profile button at the top of the page theres a button to the right that says, "Character Sheet." Check it out and let me know what you think so far. Its clearly a work in progress, but once its done I think it'll work pretty well. bounce

EDIT: Everyone should be able to add pictures and albums now. If not let me know.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 24 Empty Welcome!

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Glad to see some more of you made it over. Thank you! Please feel free to link around and explore. If you see any features or know of anything thats weird let me know and I'll try to fix it. Smile This was done so we would have our own space to do things. Also, since we seem to have a pretty big storage area for posting, if anyone wants their own forum for whatever let me know and I can add it in.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Check out the new logo for the game Very Happy My photoshopping skills are godlike. Razz
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Hey there you two.. well I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again.. this place is Awesome! Can't wait to start rp'ing again. Razz
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next