Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon.

Post by dejavue Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:40 pm

I had a difficult time imagining Tyler as confused as I was at that particular moment. I had in my very brief few nights put my foot in my mouth with a very powerful Tremere, attempted and failed at intimidating a mere human, and to top it off I took in a great deal amount of sorrow from the fear I had put into that dog at the bar.

Natalya as it turned out was setting things on fire and here I was unable to do a damn thing to even compete. Granted I hadn't been a vampire very long but still a hint of what I could do would have been nice. Something to let me know that Tyler hadn't made a total mistake in embracing me. I so did not want to disappoint him and judging from Dragon's tone about his child's abilities he had the only bragging rights in the room. This mixed with everything else that had gone wrong tonight left me more saddened then before I came through Dragon's door.

At least Natalya wasn't letting her new found talent go to her head. Point for her. Her warm welcoming to both Tyler and myself was refreshing. "Thank you," I replied to Natalya as I took a seat on the couch between her and Tyler. From this view point I could see Dragon, and this new person, Jennifer, clearly. It wasn't that I didn't trust Dragon but I did not know this other female, and I was always a bit wary of people I had only met. It didn't help either that Tyler wasn't his friendly receptive self towards her. In fact he seemed a bit put out by her mere presence. I made a mental note to ask him about her later. Now was definitely not the time to go poking into private thoughts and feelings.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon.

Post by purplegeekness Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:52 am

Natalya looked up in surprise, it had been some time since she'd seen Gina and Tyler. She moved to created more room on the sofa for someone to sit beside her. "Welcome back. We've missed you both. It seems as though we have quite the gathering here at this place." She smiled, noting the change in Gina as she had become more....predatory. "And now it seems as though you have joined us. Welcome to our family Gina." She tired of Dragon's exultation over her prowess at Thuamaturgy. She'd rather be underestimated and surprise than be overestimated and find things more difficult later, but his lesson in obeying his every word was a lesson she'd learned well. She wouldn't disappoint again.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Dragon was about to say something cool and complimentary about Natalya to Jennifer, but it was at that particular moment Tyler and Regina chose to show up. When Tyler made the obvious observation about there being guests, Dragon couldn't help but smirk. "My bad man. I didn't check my phone recently. It's all cool though. You remember Jennifer?" Dragon made a quick wave to Jennifer.

"Tyler, Natalya's Thaumaturgic progress is astounding. She was learning how to set things on fire with but a wave of her hand. Now she's up to the point where she can ignite multiple targets at once." Dragon beamed happily. It wasn't every night you had a childe who could do things a lot of elders couldn't. While it wasn't a stab at Tyler, it was a poke at him to let him know his own childe was quickly falling behind the learning curve.

"But anyway, you mentioned something about your night... what happened now? My night has thus far been the shit." Dragon got up and headed towards his liquor cabinet. He let his eyes wander over Jennifer. He made eye contact with her. "You want something to drink while I am getting up?" Dragon was intimately familiar with Jennifer, true, and he'd shared his vintage vices with her on many occasions.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Jennifer watched and offered a polite congratulations, "Congratulations!" She smiled at Dragon and then back at Natalya. She took a seat on a couch and looked around the place, taking in her surroundings a little more before she visibly relaxed. She offered no comment to Dragon's gloating, over his Childe, deciding it was better not to feed his ego. She had just about opened her mouth to say something when Tyler and Gina entered the room.

"My first few nights... I haven't thought about them in so long... They were, I suppose, similar to yours. My Sire was something of a potentate in the clan, and I was thrust directly into a role that put me in harms way considerably. Granted, I was protected as well as can be expected, and mentored incredibly. I owe that tutelage a great deal of the power I have attained in my life." Those were the words Tyler spoke as he entered the room, looking at Gina, simultaneously replacing his watch, and fishing out his pipe and box of tobacco. He stopped and stood in the doorway for a moment looking around at everyone and said, "You have guests. Good. After the night we've had some company would be appreciated. I sent you a message telling you Gina and I would be returning tonight." He finally removed the pipe and stuck it between his lips, chewing the stem for a moment as he examined Natalya, then Jennifer and finally shrugging. The Archon took a seat on the couch cushion furthest from Jennifer.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Natalya watched Dragon warily. She wondered why he was so insistent on showing her off to Jennifer. "Speaking of which, you owe the shopkeeper around 4k. I was watched until I left Chinatown." She followed Dragon back into the living room taking a seat on the sofa. She wasn't sure why Dragon was showing her off to Jennifer. It felt a little uncomfortable to be in the same room as both Dragon and his former love. Like being in a room with two people who want to do nothing more than rip off one anothers clothes and the only reason they didn't was sue to your presence and both you and they know that.
She raised an eyebrow at Dragons request. "I've only done single sources in the past." She nodded focussing her mind on the candle wick. She held the wick in her mind steadily, with that done she tried to add the other candle. It was very difficult to do at first, but as she concentrated the image became clearer. A matter of a few minutes later she held both wicks as clear as each other in her mind. A surge of her will towards them and both candles lit simultaneously. Natalya's face lit up with a pleasant smile, thouroughly happy at her own success.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:16 am

Dragon held onto Jennifer too, but when Natalya approached he extended an arm to embrace her. He was happy that she seemed well to do given her brush with Cathayans. "No, no, Natalya. Jennifer and I will catch up soon enough. Just give me a second to take off my shoes and sit down." He smirked and then looked sidelong at Jen. "Earlier tonight I sent her into Chinatown with a small list of my usual suspects. She returned with everything on the list, ahead of schedule, and without getting lost or asking me for help. It's quite impressive for someone who doesn't know a lick of Chinese and was about five grand short in cash."

Dragon nodded twice in approval, almost daring Jennifer to comment on how she had a childe cool enough to do that. Well, ok, maybe Dragon was just gloating. Either way, Dragon stepped out of his shoes then led the two ladies towards the living room where he opted to plop down in his favorite lazy boy. Given his dislike of bright lights and Jennifer's Toreador senses, Dragon waved a hand at the candles on the mantle above the fireplace, sending them ablaze with little tiny flickering flames that reached their mere inch of length towards the ceiling. He then waved at the candles on the glass end table in front of him, but stopped suddenly.

Dragon smiled at Natalya. "Natalya, why don't you demonstrate your control. I want to see you light both of these candles at once without touching anything else." This was a minor complication for Natalya since she'd never actually tried to light two small things at the same time. It would take an effort of will. She would have to concentrate because it was a difficult thing to do in comparison to the other small flames she produced.

Dragon looked at Jennifer as she sat down near him. He glanced at Natalya and back again. "Watch this." Dragon said to Jen quietly when Natalya started concentrating.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:10 am

Tylers question to me about how I was liking my new life caught me off guard. Mixed emotions came swimming up in mind and so I answered the only way I could think of, "It's not what I thought it would be. At times it doesn't even feel real. Like I'm caught in a book and I'm just waiting for the author to write the next chapter to see how I react." I chanced a look at him as we continued on walking to the elevators. We stepped inside and I watched the doors slide shut. It was odd how I was suddenly paying attention to so many other things. Things I didn't even think twice about before. The sound of the metal doors coming together, the feel of pressure as the elevator moved upward. Even the lights seemed different now.

"Was it like this for you as well?" I asked as I listened to the ding at the arrival of each floor.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:39 am

"Pleased to meet you Jennifer" her mind raced. She'd heard sometihng about a Jennifer from New York.....but this couldn't be her. Natalya was under the impression that she'd died. She looked at Jennifer, curious to see if it was the person she'd been told about. "Oh, I imagine you and Dragon will need some time to yourselves, to catch up...and the like. I'll leave you two be." Her eyes showed great sympathy for Jennifer and Dragon. It didn't hurt her like it did when Eve was here. Dragon cared for Jennifer, a great deal. As much as she cared for Dragon. Even if he didn't return it. "If you need me I'll be studying in my room. Dragon, once your ready I can tell you about my trip. Take all the time you need"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:31 am

Jennifer looked at Natalya and smiled, it was a pleasant expression. "Jennifer. I'm a close friend of Dragon's from New York City." She made a polite wave and kept her other arm looped around Dragon's. "He's told me a little about you. Good things."
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:20 pm

A stirring could be heard from the living room. Natalya could tell he was talking to someone, but not whom. She rose from the sofa, walking slowly and carefully into the foyer.

"So I see.....and you brought another guest." she moved forward to greet the woman with a warm hug. From Dragons reaction she could see whoever it was was important to him "I'm Natalya, one of Dragon's many childre. He's being rude and didn't introduce us to each other." she smiled pleasantly wondering who the new guest might be.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon. - Page 2 Empty Those with backbone - Tyler, Regina, Natalya, & Dragon.

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Dragon snickered at Jennifer's poke on him and his clan. "Yea you said something about him being here earlier," Dragon paused at the door after answering Jennifer. "Hang on a second. Natalya is here." Dragon's ears twitched at Natalya's choice of music, but he plunked his keys on the counter next to the sack of stuff she brought back.

"Natalya!" Dragon called out while taking off his jacket and hanging it up. "I'm back!" Dragon offered to hang up Jennifer's coat while he waited on Natalya to respond. His eyes slid over Jennifer like water slides off of oil, and it was clear he liked what he'd seen. "Looks like she got everything I asked for. Nice." Dragon turned from Jennifer to the stuff on the counter. He picked up a small bottle and turned...

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2