Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Blows - Liu and Lixin

3 posters

Go down

Work Blows  - Liu and Lixin Empty Re: Work Blows - Liu and Lixin

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Yep. + 1 EXP for both of you.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue May 12, 2009 2:27 pm

OOC - Ok. So we are done now?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Lixin wondered what crawled up his ass.

"What the Hell? 5k is a fortune. You really want to throw it away?" Lixin realised he'd already hung up on her. The temptation to hurl her phone at the wall was very strong. He was being an ass. That 400 bucks could have paid for a new router or physical firewall. She shook her head from side to side before erasing the photos from the website. 5 grand was not enough to make her risk a friendship....even if he was being an ass. Lixin figured it must have been his girlfriend giving him grief about him hanging out again. It wasn't as if she was arranging to make a playdate for hours of Call of Duty or anything, she was just looking to see if he could back her up for a while.

Lixin put her phone down in front of the monitor. She'd just have to risk the meet alone. The voice gave her the creeps, but she assumed they'd at least be professional about it, and she knew she could give a few pointers on how to improve things. Their security couldn't be that air tight. Lixin went back to her PC reviewing the logs on her hack attempt on the server. She went over every choice she made to figure out areas they might be vulnerable writing it into a notebook. After an hour she figured she'd done enough and started on her homework for her art class the next day. She hoped Liu would be okay....he sounded really pissed at the world.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon May 11, 2009 8:12 pm

I groaned and listened to Lixin. I wasn't happy and soon I realized I was more then a little annoyed. "Fuck it. Don't sell. If it was me, I'd leave a long rant about how the offer is insulting. But whatever. I'm not really in the mood to go out and do anything right now. I'm bored, tired, and pissed off. I think right now I just want to be left alone for the rest of the night. I already called out of work."

Angsty, I hung up and left. Yea. It'd be better to head home for the night.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Lixin threw the remainder of her food away, watching the screen blankly as the time had ticked by on the auction. When the counter hit zero she was depressed. 5k! 5k? Was that all? With all of the hassle Liu went to get them? it was well short of the 250k, Liu wanted, but her split would be 400 bucks. Enough to keep her in ramen and salad for some time, especially as her parents paid the rent on the house.

She took the iPhone from her pocket dialing Liu.

"Yo Liu, news not so good on the bidding war. 5k only for the photos and video. The price will never get higher. This is the kind of thing you can only sell tonight or never at all. News starts in 30 minutes....you kinda need to make a choice bud. Now or never. You know 4.6k will buy you a lot of time off work...you could put a down payment on a new bike or pay your rent....treat us all to a good night out somewhere deadly. Look man, I have something I want to talk over with you anyway and I need to get out the house....so what do you say me old segosha? If you agree I'll come to wherever you are. I could murder a pint. This place is giving me the creeps at the moment."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 4:28 am

OOC: Crap. We have no OOC. I guess we're done then?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 3:00 am

Lixin's voice raised in tone. It sounded very odd to hear perfectly fluent Chinese spoken with a pure Dublin southside accent.

"Sure thing. I'll put the reserves on....but I don't think you're going to get much interest at that. Shit, Angeline Jolie wouldn't get that for an interview and no matter what you seen, it couldn't be that brilliant.....but we'll see. I guess it all depends on how hot this topic is for the nightly news. Later Liu. I'll give you a buzz when it's all over."

Lixin hung up, heading to the kitchen. She could hear he was eating in the background. She could guess it was pizza, from the slurping noise. She went into the kitchen to pick out a prepacked salad bowl. Cajun chicken caesar. Perfect to suit her mood. Peeling the top off, she fetched a pair of chopsticks, moving back into her work area. With her leg underneath her she watched the monitor, wondering if any of them would pick up Liu's reserve....she kept tabs on what the current bid was and which agency posted it.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 2:50 am

My tone was just as excited as hers. There wasn't much of a chance I'd switch languages from Chinese back to English. "I'm not going to sit in front of a TV camera or give an interview for less then fifty grand. I'm not selling the pictures and getting on TV for less then two-fifty. If they're not going for that, don't sell. It's not that important to me. I will get what I want or I won't. If I don't, so what. Nothing new has changed. I'll sell them again twenty years from now after getting them appraised on the Antique's Roadshow." I sighed, trying once again to wipe my greasy fingers on the side of my pants to make them not so slippery. I looked around and took another bite of the stromboli. All of the sudden it was kind of bland too me.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 2:10 am

Lixin thunked her head against the keyboard, feeling it's imprint on her forehead. Liu was throwing it away. She detected the change in tone and switch the Chinese. She raised her head from the keyboard to look out of the window, as she continued in Chinese herself.

"Look man, if you didn't want to sell the photos, then you shouldn't have asked me to broker them. There's no way in the million Hells that you're going to get 250k. If I keep the auction up until the sale, you might get 10k. No picture or interview ever sold in the entire world got 250k. Not even one of Micheal Jackson caught in flagrante delecto with a kid would fetch that much. So you want me to pull the auction? I need a yay or a nay, otherwise I'll let it run."

Lixins comfortable leather seat creaked as she curled back into it, her feet taking position on the keyboard. She huffed heavily. All that time and effort wasted. She had better things to do with her time.......like play World of Warcraft....or God forbid get some assignments done.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 1:54 am

I shook my head, still on the phone. I changed languages to Chinese because I was uncomfortable talking about sums of money in excess of a few thousand around people I didn't know. I'd already been held hostage at gunpoint once tonight and wasn't really interested in doing it again. "No. That's not good enough for me. Set the limit to 10 more minutes, and raise the price to two hundred and fifty thousand. If nobody bites, that's okay. Once this hits the news and everyone knows, then the pictures will go up in value, since they're original and nobody else has them. If it doesn't, I'll just keep them."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Sat May 02, 2009 1:37 am

Lixin took the time to slow her speech down. When she got excited it would be only her parents or another Irishman who could understand her.

"I said" the said was ennunciated and extended "that we have several newsies interested in the footage from your phone. Photos plus video for 5k. They might want the interview too....but man 5k is a nice lump sum. you could take 2 or 3 days off for that."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 am

I picked off the mushrooms and black olives. Fuck. I had forgotten to say I didn't want them. The pizza was alright, but the stromboli was where it was at. I had been in the middle of destroying my stromboli when Lixin called. I tried to listen to her while wiping my hands on the sides of my pants. Fuck I'd forgotten my napkins too.

With food in my mouth, I addressed Lixin as best I could. "Hey. I can't hardly hear you. Slow down. What was that now?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri May 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Lixin decided it was worth calling Liu. Her voice was hard to understand over the phone, due to her excitement and happiness.

"How's it going there? Man, those photos are the dogs bollocks, we've still got 35 minutes left and the bid currently stands at 5k for the photos and video. I think they'll want the interview as well. You stand to make a fortune. What you up to?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Fri May 01, 2009 9:33 pm

LIU:

The guy behind the bar nodded, "I gotcha bro. Hey, Frankie, get me a slice of Mama's Pizza and a stromboli."
The guy took your 12 dollars and after another minute you were handed piping hot food. The pizza was the equivalent of a supreme, but it was made with the house's own sausage. It had a nice kick to it, but it wasn't insane. It was good. The stromboli was gooey with cheeses and had plenty of meat inside to more than cure whatever urge for protein you were going to get after a slice of the pizza, which had vegetables piled high on it.

LIXIN:

Almost fifteen minutes after you had the site up the bids started coming in. They were a lot lower than you had thought. One for six hundred, one for a grand, another for eight hundred, after another ten minutes one came through for five grand. That opened the bidding war. Though the bids were slowly going up in increments...
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri May 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Lixin quickly set up a website such that the photo could not be saved or screenshotted and sent links to the newsies offering them the photos and videos along with a possibility of an interview with a witness to the whole event. She made sure the bids would be close in an hour giving them that long to respond with a proposal.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:07 am

Distracted, I looked up at the big chalk boards to see what was up. I looked around a little and then checked behind me. "Yo dude, what's up man? I was just in some crazy shit down the road. I am like happy to not be all shot up and stuff. I am starving yo. What's good?" I looked at a couple different kinds of pizza. "Do you got strumboli? I kinda like that, and I know I want some pizza with some vegetables on it."

I looked around. I saw the little cooler. I looked in it, found what I wanted, and then opened it up. I pulled out two of those Arizona tea cans, except it wasn't tea. It was the Mucho Mango. "And these, yo."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 am

The place you happened into was one of those classic italian owned pizza joints. Small on the inside, with like 8 booths and a few stools with those tall, small tables between them. You could see the chef in the back doing his show with the pizza dough. He was good, it rolled across his shoulder, he caught it and tossed it way up into the air, caught it behind his back and then went back to spinning it. There were some older people sitting at one of the booths talking closely. At the furthest stool from the door, which would be to your left, was a man and a woman, they looked like college kids, but you didnt recognize them.

Approaching the bar where the ordering happened you looked at the menu. All the normal pizza shop food was available. It smelled incredible. One of the guys in the back ducked down under some hanging pans and nodded at you. His apron was stained with pizza sauce and he headed towards you after washing his hands. The place had been given a 102 for the sanitation score. That was a good sign. What was not a good sign was the 6 bucks a slice of pizza, but then again, you knew these places. Genuine Italian food owned by Italians, ran by Italians, and the food was cooked to the exacting standards of some old Italian by an Italian. That one slice would be well worth the six dollars. You noticed a chalkboard with heavy chalk lettering proclaiming this place to "Angelo's Pizzaria"
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:05 am

I thought about what Lixin said. I didn't respond to her right away. Instead I used my phone email the news, letting them know who I was and that I had photos and video of the incident, and that I would be willing to sell it all to them. I didn't mention a price. Then I responded to Lixin asking her how much money she thought I could get. Finally, while checking my messages from Dana, I left her a text message that I was calling out of work, and that I had some crazy shit to tell her. I did the same for Madesin.

Without thinking about it too much, I went on, pausing long enough to stop at whatever food joint was open.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:43 am

Lixin typed quickly into her iPhone. "u ok? man looked on da droogz. If U like can sell phootage to newsies. Filmat11. They might get ya some dough for it. Want 8%, bud."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Work Blows  - Liu and Lixin Empty Work Blows - Liu and Lixin

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:28 pm

The cell networks trasmitted the data as they should, and you were both connected through those text messages. Liu's phone had three unanswered ones from his girl, and his boss was unhappy about the call out, but she would have to make due. However she didn't let him off the phone without giving him an earful about call outs.

That left, despite the traumatic evening, you both with an entire night ahead of you...

OOC: Note you both get 1 EXP for the previous threads.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down