Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Port 5037 - Lixin

2 posters

Go down

Port 5037 - Lixin Empty Re: Port 5037 - Lixin

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Lixin looked around her workspace. The anime style model of Kaylee provided her comfort. She hit the button on it delighted to her it say "shiny". she wondered if she should take the deal as it was offered. Next to the model of the skeleton sprawled in front of the keyboard with the legend "surfed too long" on the monitor, she picked up her magic 8 ball determined to let it decide the course of fate for the meet.

"Magic 8 ball, Magic 8 ball, should I go to this meeting?"

She shook the ball in her hands, pausing to look at it.

"Only the damned would go" the legend of the 8 ball had spoken. Lixin put it back on the table.....then frowned. She thought that wasn't one of the 16 possible responses. She remained puzzled, she upended the 8 ball, looking to see if she could see the message again. "Looking Good" seemed to indicate this time that it might be be a good thing to go.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:10 pm

*R1PoUd131> I'll remember, cya there. Duck Hunt Boy. I'll fixup your server, no probs.

Duck Hunt indeed. Smart boy was playing with her. She lifted up her mobile, speedial 8 for Liu. She tapped her foot against the floor impatiently as she waited for him to pick up. She swore loudly as it went to voicemail.

"That filthy muck savage, I ought to wax his ball hairs to..." the beep interrupted her message, her tone changed instantly to sweetness and light "Hi Liu, I might need you for around an hour tomorrow at 8pm. the jamba juice in the Mall....I'll treat you to one of those disgusting things you eat if the job comes off. Just want you around in case things don't got he way I expect....not that I'm expecting anything to go wrong. If you're up for it give me a buzz and we can tlak before we go raiding tonight."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:06 pm

@Load27 > Sounds good. Just remember, duck hunt. (-:
@Load27 > And yes, I know what you look like already. I'm thorough if nothing else.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm

*R1PoUd131> How about the Jamba Juice at the Mall? You know what I look like already I'm sure. You said earliest you can meet is 8pm, so how about that?

Lixin figured it was a good time to meet. It gave them around an hour before the place shut and the cover of darkness would allow her to escape without any problems if things didn't go according to plan.

Last edited by purplegeekness on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:52 pm

@Load27 > When and where? You'll know me. I'll have a Duck Hunt shirt on.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 am

*R1PoUd131> If you say so, then I'll take your word for it. I think I'd like to meet in person. Somewhere public. You can treat me to a smoothie and we can hash out the details together. Neither of us likes what we see, we just back out and walk away.

Lixin wondered if she could talk to Liu and ask him to be around just in case. She wanted to have some backup around in case they got nasty. 50k was just too much money to pass up in one go. She could hit a few servers and get it if she really needed it, but it would draw attention. 50k as payment for a job? Now that was easy money and she already had her eyes on one or two useful little items it might be fun to have. The job was makign her nervous....but she'd talked herself into it and couldn't back out now....they knew where she lived. She was going to have to find someone to stay with for a day or two while this got sorted out.

*R1PoUd131>How about a cafe?
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 am

@Load27 > The dog is fine. He's snacking quite happily on a rawhide bone. I do have someone in the area if you want to meet now. I had preferred to meet you myself and deal with you directly, but if you prefer to get it out of the way we can work through an intermediaire...

There was a pause as he waited on your reply. The hairs on the back of your neck were still standing up. Something about this whole thing didn't sit right.

In your gut, you know, something about this was terribly wrong, and that it somehow was going to come back and bite you in the ass... Still, 50 grand would do a lot to cover expenses and you could finally get some of that stupidly high end gear you had been eyeing...
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Lixin turned around abruptly in her seat heading towards the she cupped her hands to her eyes staring out to see what had happened to the dog. not being able to see a thing she returned back to the screen and the beckoning keyboard

*R1PoUd131 > WTF? Man, why'd you go and do that? Savage was a sweetie. He'd roll over and let you scratch his belly for a treat or two. You might not be here, but your rep is anyway....why not just come around and ring the doorbell. I'll let you in....as long as the mutt is alright.

Her eyebrows furrowed in anger. She'd have been happy to work for those guys, but topping Savage.....that just wasn't on.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:45 pm

The dog went silent abruptly mid-bark. It was possible your neighbor had come out and silenced it, or whatever had been making it bark like hell had been driven off by its yapping.

@Load27 > I'm not kidding about the job. I'm sure you can use 50K.

Last edited by Ac1ds0ld13r on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:01 pm

*R1PoUd131 > It's kind of hard to relate to death threat yanno? Most folks wave lawyers at one another rather than guns.....and the power company is an easy hack. Think most script kiddies cut their teeth getting in there. If ya were being serious I suppose I owes ya.

Lixin startled at the dogs barking. He normally only barked at intruders. Not for the first time she felt fear, but they already had her name, her IP and her address.....what more could they want. Her neighbour had him well trained. Savage was his name. The dog was a cutie.

*R1PoUd131 > Umm......if that's you outside, you might want to back off a bit. I have a big dog and I'm not afraid to use him. 50k is good money for anyone. Where you want to meet?
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:17 am

@Load27 > We have been breached before, yes. With so many internet users, and this being a global system, they're bound to happen. However this server is not going to pop up on any search engine, and you won't find a link to it anywhere. Nobody finds us without first being told where to look. There are 3 intentional leaks. If you stumbled on this, like you claim... I stopped you from making dangerous enemies within a matter of seconds. The power surge to the grid in your area was not to get you out of the system. It was save your life. Would you believe that? ... Probably not. Ever feel like you're being followed?? brb

There was a long pause in the typing and dead silence. The hairs on the back of your neck stood up and you heard your neighbors dog start to bark wildly, which made you jump. Then Load came back...

@Load27 > I want to meet to discuss employment... If you're as good as you say I'll give you 50,000 USD. Half up front. The other half once the system is back up and running with your updates...
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:07 am

*R1PoUd131 > Luck had nothing to do with it....you left it wide open. Easy honey trap. It's rare that I find something as cool as this. Also ure so unlucky. I was just watching a movie with like a green ogre that had layers like onions, so when I saw ShreckNET, I just had to have a look. Normal servers ain't so security conscious, so by virtue of the fact you had it firewalled and encrypted up the wazoo just made it a pet project. It's....well, if you're gonna hide data you don't want the server to stand out. By putting all that stuff on it, it was like attaching a bright neon sign....I gots paydata. Yanno?

Lixin was starting to wonder if the guy on the other end was as good as her. They clearly had a lor more time to work out what she was doing. It was always easier to be the defender than the attacker.

*R1PoUd131 > Yano, If I did put my blackhat on, I could break dis system for ya. Give it a good once over let ya know where I am seeing all the flaws, coz if you set a honey trap like this.....then you have ta be leaking somewhere. Means you got intrusion on your system. Thing is....if they can be hacking your system anit be secure like your saying why bother with the honey trap? They're in already. They ain't gonna be distracted by the bright bulbs, they're just gonna hit the paydirt straight away.

*R1PoUd131 > I ain't no-one's friend or enemy neither. Didn't mean no harm by looking in at your boxen.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:00 am

@Load27 > The port your scanner found was left intentionally open. There are no critical systems attached to this network, ether virtually or physically. I've been waiting on you to come back since the first time you made it in. You were the one whose power I surged correct? As for the chat program, it only resembles IRC. The software youre running was written for just such a case as you. Encryption level: See above about the program being written for just such a case.

There was a slight pause...

@Load27 > You happened into the network when we were bringing pieces down for updates and back up. Imagine you only had a 30 second window to do what you did. You must be a lucky girl, Lixin.

The next four lines scared you as he rattled off your address.

@Load27 > Im not a bot, and this was meant to be easy. I had to funnel you away from anything important. I had thought you were someone else... I can assure you, we are secure. Why did you hack our system? And I can find nothing in your background that indicates you are working for one of our enemies... or allies for that matter...
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 am

Lixin looked up from the computer, she looked around the room. These guys were good. She thought it was a good thing to have the client for whatever program they had. She could reverse engineer it tomorrow during class. Idiots. Her RAID set up would be enough to recover the client so she could run some struts and harnesses to see what it could do. It'd break somewhere and then she would be able to dissect the code to pieces......but for the time being she had to talk to this bot. She wondered how smart it would be. She decided to try out a generic response. See how good the written search parameters would be. She know if it was a machine she'd just get the equivalent of a confused look.

*R1PoUd131 > That's a good question, what can you do for me? lolz@IRC, like the worst secured chat client in history. Fricking DES encryption is teh suck. Use custom encryption, all that commercially available crap has backdoors written into it for TLA agencies. Uno ones that enjoy reading your mail. And port 5037? FFS, with effectively infinite ports why did you start so low? Try port 9999999999999999946358459348572934875203975. might take a computer all of half a second to to hit that number. or just open a custom ssh socket....and write yourself a chat program don't use IRC, teh protocols are well known and ez to break. Any script kiddie with a packet sniffer could see what you guys atr yalking about.

She felt the tingle of excitement run through her body. it wasn't often she encountered a challenge of this level.

*R1PoUd131 > Yanno? I could fix this for ya, my friend. My rates are very reasonable
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Port 5037 - Lixin Empty Port 5037 - Lixin

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 am

You had been working on those wireless webcams for sometime now. You knew what they were, but you just could not for the life of you find out who was running them. After your first foray into the system (where you were prompty booted out when your power flicked out for a moment) those backdoors had been closed. After a week of writing a program to stealthily ping ports with packets and letting it run you had finally gotten one through. You walked over and the bare bones program was flashing you Port 5037 Status: Open. There was a log you wouldn't dare to look at of ports that had started at 1000. The program had gone through and pinged every single port from there up to here in blocks of five. You didn't dare do more than that. That power blink had scared you, it was probably a coincidence but you couldn't help but shake the feeling that you were being watched since then, and that the power surge that had crashed the 12 blocks around you for .653 seconds had been targetted at you...

Your gut got all hard and excited. You cracked your knuckles and sat down. After another ten minutes you had passed the first of six firewalls and some other insanely high end, and effective security. The data you were looking at had been encrypted with Triple DES, so you spent another hour getting through that. At one point the system actually attacked you back. Your computer all at once, tried to download about seventy different viruses. One got through and nearly killed your harddrive, but being the smart hacker, you were on a RAID5, so it only caused a hiccup while you isolated that drive and switched to another. Once you had done a pop up on your screen flashed "Downloading Client Security Protocol Version#12.23.103. Against your better judgement you let it install, because no matter what you did you could not hack your way around it. Whatever was beyond the plain white webpage you were looking at you had to have the client to interpret.

Once it was installed you opened the new program, which turned out to be a web browser that looked similar to Firefox, but it had what appeared to be an mIRC client permanently attached to the bottom of it taking up the bottom two inches of the screen. The only person in the chat appeared to be @Load27, probably a bot. The screen declared in large Time New Roman font: Welcome Guest to ShreckNET.idl. Please find your Guest Login ID and Password below. The ID and password had clearly been randomly generated, but you noticed the ID contained bits of your IP address. R1PoUd131 was the user login name. The password was W456c(p>!.

So here you were, weeks after your first glimpse at what appeared to be some underground spy ring. Your mind was racing, your heart was pounding, and that knot in your stomach was there. Your fingers were poised over the keyboard. The login on the website was just waiting...

That was when the mIRC client flashed. @Load27 had just spoken...

@Load27 0124: 192.112.1.346 I know you're there. Please respond...

That was your actual IP address. Not the one of the many you had bounced all of your work off of since you sat down to get into this ShreckNET tonight. The hair on the back of your neck stood up and you briefly worried that you were outclassed...

@Load27 0125: Guest please respond. What can we do for you?
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down