Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Room 13 - Dragon

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Room 13 - Dragon - Page 2 Empty Re: Room 13 - Dragon

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 pm

"I can't let him go, and I need to send a message to Tatiyanna." Tyler started moving to catch up with the others. "He's a liability beyond what I'm willing to risk to allow to fall back into her hands, more so now that I've brought him here."

Once Tyler had caught up with everyone else, still fidgiting with the sweats he had on, he looked at everyone and then to Dragon, "You've been busy...And what the hell is that?" He was looking at the gigantic dog Maricruz had at her side.

Maricruz gave a smile and responded, "Boerboel. A South African gaurd dog. I've found certain undesireables have a healthy fear of the animal." Tyler nodded, marvelling at the size of the thing.

"I want one. The Archon then listened to everything, spoke again, "No offense intended, but she's not staying in my haven. Not without a partial bond to me, at a minimum." It was clear Tyler wasn't kidding, and this was not something he would back down on just in his tone. He inclined his head towards Ekaterina while he spoke.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Ekaterina frowned. Surely this was not the time for play-biting and gyrations. There were guests in the house and serious (at least to her) business was being conducted.

She shook her head. "I have not come here to exchange one collar for another. While I don't doubt that your yoke would be easier to bear than my Sire's, it wouldn't change the fact that it is still a yoke. I will not be bound, even partially, to another."

"I have read about the Tremere and their partial bonds. What I wish is a simple exchange of services. If you desire that I share your lair to keep an eye on me until Tatiyanna is destroyed, so be it. It is hardly what I would have wished for, but it is a tolerable circumstance since it will be temporary. However, I am not Tremere and I have no wish to be part of your pyramid. I want to be free, not to simply have my leash held by someone else."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Natalya watched Ekaterina impassively, until she was distracted by the nibble on her ear. She decided to get some revenge on his distracting her by distracting him, she wiggled her botton as she moved on him to find a more comfortable position.

"I would grant her this request. She came of her own volition. She was able to identify both myself and Tera., and my face is not well known around here. I feel she has information available that would make it worth it. I would recommend accepting her deal. Our plan is to rid the city of Tatiyanna after all, isn't it?" Natalya's arm reached around Dragons neck "Provided Ekaterina taste the blood of one of those of us involved in this."

She looked back into Dragons eyes. Her eyes were clear, softening in his presence. She nodded imperceptibly. He'd know her position on the matter.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:22 am

Dragon looked at Ekaterina and watched her closely. To the casual observer it might look like he was peering into her aura. He wasn't though. After a long pause, Dragon's attention slowly shifted to Natalya. He made sure she was paying attention by nipping at her earlobe. "What do you think? I cannot promise her safety unless I give her sanctuary with us." Dragon was curious to see what Natalya would think about another female moving in. This would also set the tone on a few other things as well.

Out of the corner of his eye, Dragon watched Maricruz and that large animal with her.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:47 am

Ekaterina stared. "You got Kruel?" She sank down slowly in the chair once she'd been given permission, looking quite astonished. It was clear that she either hadn't given the Tremere enough credit, or she hadn't thought Kruel would be stupid enough to get himself caught.

"Y-Yes, that would be a setback for her. Quite the setback, in fact. While I do not doubt that I am replaceable in my Sire's eyes, given the nature of the task I was set, Kruel is another matter. You might even go as far as you say he's her... what is the expression? Right hand man?" She waved her right hand slightly as she spoke. "With Kruel as your captive and the information I possess, I would guess the odds would shift quite substantially in your favour."

"So what do you say to my proposal then? Do we have an agreement?"
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 am

"Damn." Herc sighed when you crushed his newfound dream of getting his jollies with Natalya. It didn't bother him for more then a second or two though. He was eyes and ears when you talked. When you asked him about himself, Herc's eyebrows raised. His lips scrunched up a little bit and to the casual observer, it looked like he was pissed off. In truth, he was just thinking. "Me? Honestly I am here on my own as much as I am for any other reason. I guess I want to see for myself what's going on. Beyond that, I do report to the Kingpin, so if push comes to shove." He stopped and then listened, again looking thoughtful when you mentioned Kruel. "I'm not sure I know what you mean. What do you mean how do I feel about Kruel?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 am

Tyler shrugged, "No, I don't think she is. Dragon seems...taken with her." The Archon shrugged again, his only answer to the second question. "I wasn't worried about telling you what was up. It was everyone else in the room. It is Tatiyanna, and no, its not a sect thing. This is more clan and personal." Tyler didn't feel the need to elaborate. "So what about you? What do you think about Kruel?"
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:32 pm

Herc sighed with a defeated shrug. "So is she available? Why haven't you hit it?" Herc didn't seem to relaxed, even though he was now mostly dry and wearing something warm. He held his glasses. They were cracked in the left lens. It was enough to make him toss them into the bathroom garbage can.

"It was nothing," he said. "I had to see for myself, but more importantly I believe there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. I wasn't going to stop you, but I was going to make sure you didn't fuck around in my backyard. L.A. might not be worth piss to an elder like you, but each and every one of us that calls her home takes it very seriously when someone comes in waving their dick and a gun." He was candidly honest. "But I'm not stupid either. I know you're holding out. I know you know who the Tzimisce is. I would assume it's Tatiyanna, or else you wouldn't have come for Kruel. I also know stopping a single Sabbat, regardless of how powerful, isn't something you would bother coming to the city for. You got your reasons and they aren't my business, I know that."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Tyler sighed when Dragon called him on his language and introduced himself to everyone in the room that he hadn't met before, he also introduced Herc, "Sorry about my outburst... I just hate that stuff. I'm Tyler, as I'm sure you all gathered. This is Herc, he gave a few nice assists with bringing Kruel down."

Tyler made himself absent long enough to change. He was utilitarian, but when he returned he was carrying his gun, a pipe and a lighter, and searching for enough pockets to stick things in. Finally he sighed and shoved them all in the giant pocket on the hoodie.

When Herc made his comment about Natalya Tyler chuckled. "That would be Dragon's childe. And yeah, me too." He laughed a bit and sighed again, putting his wet leather over the shoulder holster on and putting the big .45 into it after reloading a fresh shell into it. He thought for a moment. "I appreciate your help back there. Hopefully this thing won't turn into a colossal waste of effort and time...Well it won't, but as far as Kruel goes I'll give you whatever information I can so you don't leave here empty handed. I know everyone is going to want to know what happened." He looked at Herc plainly. This was an unusual situation for Tyler. He had been in situations before where he had to work with Anarchs, but cooperation on this level was different, and he wondered if Herc would be so inclined to help if he knew that Tyler's biggest goal here was the security of his own clan.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Herc was quiet when Tyler exploded. He was really uncomfortable around the Thaumaturgy and the powerful kindred and it showed. It came out as a nervous bounce from left to right with his hands balled up at his sides. Beyond that, Herc was a roughed up as Tyler. He had a tear on the sleeve of his coat (which was soggy) a trio of nice scratches on his cheek that went down the side of his throat and a wrapped up puncture wound on his thigh. When the kindred talked, Herc checked Natalya out. He again checked her out again, with a "come on, give me a sign" look while one of the Tremere did the magic thing with the floor.

As they departed down, Herc pulled off his coat, then undid the tie, and finally pulled off the shirt. He carried them to the bathroom, shaking his head. "Who is the raven?" He asked Tyler while drying off and changing. "I would give my left nut for the chance to fuck her in the ass."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Dragon held Natalya in his lap. He cradled her so that her legs could hang lazily over the side of the chair. He motioned for Ekaterina and Maricruz to sit, or stand if they wished. Dragon listened to what Natalya said about Ekaterina and then nodded slowly. He was quiet for a few seconds. He glanced at Maricruz to see if he could get some kind of reading on what she was thinking, but then decided he really didn't need to know and turned his attention back to the young Tzimisce. "You are very brave seeking us out. We can assume that with you and Kruel both out of commission as far as Tatiyanna is concerned that she has suffered some kind of setback to her plans, correct?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Ekaterina was pleased to note that Dragon seemed to find it as odd as she did, being here wearing her own face. It made her feel slightly better about being in the proverbial lion's den.

She didn't say anything when the soaking wet, cursing cainite came in, but did a double take when he mentioned he'd staked someone. She could only conclude that it must be one of Tatiyanna's followers, perhaps even another one of her brood. She dearly hoped that this someone, whoever it was, wasn't about to ruin everything for her.

She followed Natalya and her Sire downstairs. She didn't correct Natalya (was she sitting in his lap?) about how she'd really said that the worst these people could do would seem like a speedy and painless death, and stood next to one of the armchairs, not having been given permission to sit. She nodded to confirm Natalya's story as she'd told it, and added: "I wish to be free of my Sire to make my own life, or unlife, as it were. I offer you any information I might have concerning her plans, her servants, her manse, and so on, in exchange for protection should she decide to try reclaiming me."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Natalya reached out for Dragons hand as he reached out for hers. Using it to support herself, she chose to sit demurely on Dragons lap.

"Well, I was driving to Midnight Neon. We've been in town for a while, yet I've never visited this place and I was hungry. You know that. Well, I was pulled over by a cop for speeding. Remind me to seek out a good lawyer. I'm going to fight it. That cop was an idiot. Anyway. While we had stopped, Tera and I were talking. I was arranging to meet Vera here at the club, when Ekaterina arrived and introduced herself. I listened to her story, thought it was important enough to warrant an immediate call as she would have relevant information for you and Tyler to plan more carefully against Tatiyanna. I tasted her blood, so I knew she was telling the truth and the scion of a powerful sire. We came here and I began preparations against a possible attack. Tatiyanna will not be pleased at the theft of her childe. In any case, Ekaterina is here. She has promised to reveal all of Tatiyanna's plans, her informants, her cohorts, her hideouts in return for shelter for herself. Should you chose not to take her up on this she wishes a speedy and painless Final Death." Natalya voice became stronger "which I promised her."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Dragon's eyes shifted from Maricruz as she introduced herself towards Ekaterina. "That stone prevents you from changing form," Dragon said to Ekaterina. He was surprised to see she was already wearing her true colors, and it showed on his face. "I don't think we've ever been properly introduced. I'm Dra--" Dragon was a bit startled by Tyler's outburst and sudden appearance.

Dragon looked at the soggy wet and ruined suit wearing Tyler and the large, football player in a just as battered and sloshy wet suit behind him. He frowned. "Tyler. Your language." Furrowing his brow at the two wet kindred, Dragon shook his head and opened up the wardrobe on the right. He pulled out a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. The set was a light gray color. He threw it at Tyler. He found another similar set in red. He threw them at Tyler's associate. "There are towels in the bathroom to dry off."

Looking around, Dragon sighed heavily. He picked up a small leather pocket humidor and a box of wooden matches. "This room is cramped." With that, Dragon opened up the wardrobe on the left. He moved a series of skulls on the top shelf around. After about two seconds, a section of the carpet in the middle of the floor dropped down an inch or two, revealing invisible seams. The lowered part of the floor slid backwards on a mechanical roller revealing a series of steps that led downwards. "Lets move to a better location. When Tera comes in here she will follow us on her own."

Dragon led the way down the steps and into the new room. The room was large, the kind of place a small lodge might use for its meetings. It could easily hold 20 to listen comfortably to a presentation. A workbench counter made of some unidentifiable but solid looking wood ran across the length of the right wall, shelves ran across the wall above the workbench. The shelves were partially filled with the glassware that you might expect to find in a chemistry lab. Other utensils were carefully placed on the shelves, each looking almost like a strange torture device. Some of the devices glowed as everyone entered the room, before the lights were switched on. The floor was covered in a luxurious, rich thick carpeting, almost Persian in style. The exceptions being a thin border of ceramic tiling running in front of the workbench. Close to the workbench a large movable blackboard stood a solitary vigil, its surface covered in precise, neat arcane glyphs. Examined more closely, the carpet itself might be noted to have arcane glyphs woven into its very fabric, the astute observer might note a small raised bead of silver running in a circle in the middle of the room, with an approximate diameter of 6 feet.

On the left wall, furthest away from the door, there was a gurney and a well-equipped medical station. Rows of medication lined the glass fronted cupboard. An old Holland and Holland express hunting rifle hung from the wall beside it. On a small counter underneath it lay several boxes of ammunition. Several comfortable looking leather bound armchairs were arranged around a mahogany coffee table.

Lighting for the room was provided for by several wall sconces, each appearing to be manufactured by Tiffany. It provided the room with a soft warm glow. Enough to see clearly, but not to be overpowering to the senses. The room looked not to have been used in some time, but prior to that to have been the site for many a late night discussion. Once the group started settling, Dragon flopped lazily in a velvety black recliner clearly reserved for himself. He held a hand out for Natalya and then slouched backwards as far as he could. "We'll give them a few minutes. In the meantime, tell me how you two came together."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:08 am

Natalya said nothing. Her facial expression was studiously blank. Her eyes shone more warmly, the slight raising of the eyebrow and the quirk at the corner of her lips spoke volumes. She was amused at his apearance given how well he normally dressed and very relieved at his safe appearance, given that he appeared to have gone thorugh some danger.

Her eyes twisted back to Dragon showing ehr relief everyone was safe and her pleasure that the situation seemed to have changed regarding Tatiyanna.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Maricruz gave a light nod of her head. Her dignity had returned to her and she once again carried herself like a Queen. It wasn't hard to see her adorned as a noble lady. She just had that look. She had the smooth skin and ethnic features of a Spanish woman, a slight arch to her nose, strong lips and cheeks. Her eyes pierced like daggers as she looked around, and for the young and humane, there was something unwholesome about her. She had the distinct look of a predator. One used to fighting, killing and death, just barely hidden behind the mask that was her bearing and beauty. She lounged against a chair and crossed her legs slowly and deliberately. "It is a pleasure to meet you both, though I must admit a little discomfitted by the circumstances. Strange bed fellows indeed..."

It looked like she was going to continue when a panel on started to move with a buzzing noise. Just behind it stood a soaked and battered, and clearly pissed off Tyler Crown. His suit was ruined, stained, and had lots of small holes in it from what appeared to be stab wounds, and judging from the blood around them some of those stabs had bitten him pretty deeply, though they were all in trivial locations. His tie was half cocked and askew, one sleeve on his coat was hanging on by the bearest of threads. His pants had holes at the knees and stains as if he had been wading in water up to his ankles. Tyler looked like hell.

The Archon paused and spoke: "I...bloody fucking hate getting stabbed." His tempo was slow and he spoke with clenched teeth. "I hate when morons try to stake me. I hate when they try to hide from me. I really hate when they ruin a two fuck thousand dollar suit by pulling a fire alarm! Anyone know why I hate all these things? Because! I'm Tyler Crown!" His hands made claws as he motioned to himself in frustration. His expression was one of anger and exasperation. "People are not allowed to shoot, stab, punch, kick or throw me through a fucking glass display case! I'm Tyler Crown! Do I need to put a sign over my head? 'Attention Dimwits: Do not fuck with Tyler Crown. He will fuck up your night'!?!" He ended his tirade with a groan and cradling his temples for a moment. After a brief pause he looked back up at Dragon, "But I got that little shit. Bloody bastard tried to take the piss right out of me Guv, but I got him. Little twit is staked downstairs." There was a disturbing amount of satisfaction on Tyler's face as he spoke the last few words.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Ekaterina caught the stone, reflexively bringing her hand up to catch it before it hit her in the face, and looked at it curiously. She knew who this man was of course, how could she not? However, it was odd being in his presence wearing her own face, rather than someone elses. She felt strangely naked and vulnerable, and she didn't like it.

She gave the other woman and her dog a swift searching glance, but felt it was best not to speak until spoken to, now that the owner of the house was present.
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Natalya nodded, feeling a little uneasy that Dragon would bring another of those who had a grudge against Tatiyanna into this place. It would make this place into something of a target for her.

"Dragon, may I introduce to you Ekaterina Kayakova" she indicated to the woman sitting down "a Tzimice sired by Tatiyanna. She wishes for sanctuary in return for information on Tatiyanna. I would recommend that you take the opportunity to hear what she has to say."

Natalya smiled, inclining her head to indicate her pleasure at meeting the other newcomer. "A pleasure to meet you Maricruz. Hopefully all of our issues will soon be at an end. If you'd care to take a seat, I'm sure our discussion will begin soon."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Dragon came next with Maricruz and her warthog on steroids obfuscated to look like a dog. Once he'd managed to touch the stone of true form against the Lasombra's bare hand, Dragon didn't bother maintaining his Majesty. From that point onward he was rather candid with her. He gave Maricruz the rundown of what had happened from his point of view. Dragon tried to learn as much as he could about the Lasombra and her fragment of Nod while trading information about how the Tremere were uniting allies against Tatiyanna.

Once he'd arrived at his club, Dragon politely escorted his guest and her guardian to the owner's VIP access. Not surprised that Natalya and Tera were already present, Dragon entered his room, pushing the door open. He did a double take at Ekaterina, but focused his attention directly on Natalya. After Mari and the abomination called dog were in the room, Dragon quietly closed the door. Walking towards the front of the room, he tucked both of his hands into his gray coat pockets. Smiling at Natalya, Dragon withdrew the marble he touched against Mari and tossed it at Ekaterina. "Catch." He said without looking at her.

Dragon looked at the two new people and then back at Natalya. "Natalya, this is Maricruz. She is the Lasombra Tatiyanna hired Tyler to kill. Apparently she has a fragment of the book of nod. Her connections to MS-13 are enough of a threat that Tatiyanna can't risk an outright assault." Dragon quickly snapped attention to the Lasombra. "Natalya is my childe. For the time being, you can take a seat and make yourself comfortable. I suspect within the next twenty minutes we'll hear from Tyler and Regina on their progress." Dragon held his hand out for the bowl Natalya had. "Where is Tera? Downstairs?" Dragon glanced at Natalya for confirmation. "What about your friend Veronica?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Natalya nodded, the pieces clicking together in her mind. "If she sent you to the Tremere she would know that a blood bond could be traced. That provides ample reasoning for it alone, even although sending you out as she did, without support....that was very risky. Did we interrupt one of her plans?" Natalya was about to continue, but held up a hand "Never mind, that is a question that can wait until Dragon arrives."

She adjested her position on the bed to a more comfortable one. "My reasons for becoming embraced? Well, they are simple. I am in love, Ekaterina. Very deeply and very much in love. To be in his presence for all eternity is the thing I wish most in life. Besides....I've never exactly fitted in anywhere before. I just don't think the same way other people do. I enjoy peoples company too much and there's so much left to explore in the world. Books to read, lore to uncover, things to do. Life is boundless now. It has no limits. Even to consume blood provides pleasure to the vessel I drink it from. What more could there be to life? That is why I chose to be embraced."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Ekaterina snorted. "Obviously not. I hardly think I would be able to come here and plot my domitors downfall if I was bound to her, unless it was a ruse and she sent me here. But you say you know from tasting my blood that I was telling the truth, so you from there you can derive that I speak the truth when I say I am not bound to her."

She sighed. "Truth be told, I do not know why she didn't bind me. It's what I'd have done in her place. Perhaps a bound spy would arrouse too much suspicion if it behaved too oddly as a result of the bond. Perhaps there are means of tracing a bond back to the cainite who holds it. But this is all just speculation on my part."

"I have a question for you though. Why would you choose the Embrace? I cannot imagine it myself. I would do anything, commit any atrocity, just to have my mortal life back again."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Natalya listened attentively. Ekaterina could see her descriptions raised several more questions that Natalya would like to ask, but she stopped herself to continue to listen to Kat's background. When the time came, Natalya nodded, crossing ehr legs in the bed and folding her skirt over her knee.

"My name is Natalya Lianna Shevchenko, but you can call me Natty or N if you would like. I come from a small village outside Kiev in the Ukraine. I studied languages with a minor in Psychology at the University of Kiev. While I was there, I was offered the chance to visit the US on an exchange program at UCLA, my minor was in psychology as it related tot eh supernatural. When I arrived here, I improved my English, though as you can probably tell from my accent, I learned most of my English from the BBC World Service. My interest in the occult and abnormal psychology grew. One night after a spectacularly bad breakup with a boyfriend, I was out with my friends at a local wine bar. A girls night out, so to speak.....and there he was. Dragon Lee." her face lit up with good memories and a warm smile "We dated a few times, before he revealed he was a scholar and needed some old Ukranian texts translated. After that....well, things became intense between us. He offered me the opportunity to be embraced and I took him up on it. The rest as they say is history. All of this happened...oh, maybe a year ago? Since then, I've been learning about my new life and the city. I have some plans for the place...if Dragon decides to let you live, I might have a proposal for you."

Natalya's confident gaze and demeanour were at odds with being embraced within the last year, but she showed no signs of deception.

"From the taste of your blood, I could tell that you were telling the truth. I don't know why she hold such enmity towards us, but I can assure you that I doubt Dragon or Tyler will let her live and they're fairly determined people." Natalya wondered at this stage how bound Kat was to Tatiyanna. She knew that she would happily walk into the valley of Final Death reciting whatever Dragon wanted his enemies to hear. "Are you bound to Tatiyanna?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:45 pm

"The magic word..." she murmured, touching one of the stones to her lips. "How quaint."

"I don't know if we need to be trading life stories just yet, but I don't mind sharing a bit more about myself if you'll do the same."

"As I said before, my name is Ekaterina Kayakova. I come from Budapest in Hungary, where I grew up and spent most of my life. I studied Eastern European history at the university and worked with a research group until six years ago. I came to this country in early 2003 because I was interested in the cultural history of the southwestern United States and Mexico, though my intention was not to stay as long as I have. It was here that I, shall we say, ran afoul of my Sire, who thought the Embrace a fitting punishment for my transgression. I've spent the last five years in her service."

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "It would seem fate has dealt me a ... strange hand when it comes to Tatiyanna", she continued musingly. "As hellish as being under her thumb could be, I cannot deny that I've learned a great deal while copying out pages of clan lore or paging through her library looking up rituals for her. I fully intend to have my revenge upon her, but I could hardly have asked for a more noble lineage to be Embraced into."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:22 am

Natalya took a handful of beads from the bowl taking them back to the bed which she sat on. She examined Ekaterina quite thoroughly before speaking once more. A small quirk of a smile appearing on her face. Her right hand held the gun steadily towards the door, as she picked another pebble and placed it to her lips.

"My sire has a penchant for amusing word games. In this case, the magic word is 'the magic word'" her smile drew wider "A two year old could figure it out. Yet sometimes the simple things can cause the most problems."

She watched Ekaterina "Are you willing to tell me more about yourself? Where you come from? How you came to be Embraced?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 am

Ekaterina hesitated before stepping into the room. She supposed she had been invited in, but it was difficult to tell with these people sometimes. Some of these westerners seemed to have no notions of privacy at all. She looked around, mildly interested in the decor, and supposed it was quite nice for an auxiliary haven, though she privately hoped that the owner had thought to provide an emergency escape route or three.

She frowned at the guns as well, though she didn't say anything about them. If it came down to violence, guns would likely be the least of her worries, not that she'd know what to do with one even if she had one, and in any case it was probably best to avoid antagonizing these people. They seemed to have short tempers. When the bowl was offered to her she took a small handful of the pebbles and examined them with interest. Perhaps it would be worth learning some of these westerner's parlour tricks, if only for this. A portable supply of vitae that did not require a mobile icebox seemed like a good investment.

She looked at Natalya. "I am unfamiliar with these. What is the magic word?", she asked. "Hopscotch?"
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next