Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpening the Axe - Anna

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sharpening the Axe - Anna - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharpening the Axe - Anna

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:43 pm

You finally found Alex. It made you frown with how easy it was. All you had to do was follow the perimeter until you came to the large empty space that was turned into a room. You realized that the reason this floor had no directions or people to give directions was because the whole floor amounted to his private loft. It was just a loft that had two dozen smaller rooms being used (or not used as you seen on more then one of your door checking moments) for whatever.

Alex's personal space was large and open. It had a big bed, a whole wall full of guitars, another with records, and another with... well, it was whatever. The wall that diagonally connected the two perimeter hallways had a door and a small kitchen. The lights were dimmed. A big screen TV was turned on. Pirates of the Caribbean was on. Kiera Knightley was dueling with the other actor. Alex was face down on a black leather couch. He had one boot on and one boot off. His shirt was hanging over the back of the couch. He was laying in such a way that made you cringe. He had half fallen off of the couch and was laying face first on the floor, twisting his neck uncomfortably.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Anna thought it ridiculous that Alex wouldn't at least put some indication of where rooms were on the floor. She wandered around trying doors, looking for someone that might direct her. It wasn't a huge building. It would not take her long to find Alex. It was rather frustrating for him to cache himself like this. She wondered if he'd done it on purpose already knowing she was here. A rather trivial repayment for the indignities she'd made him suffer in Braddock. She smiled to herself. She may be Prince no longer....but she knew how to ruin someone's reputation in zero seconds.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:45 pm

There wasn't anyone here. You tried listening in. You heard a drink machine. You heard a water fountain. You even heard the hum of the florescent lights above. The one down in the far corner had an annoying cackle. It made your nose twitch and your ears burn.

Then it dawned on you. If this was a studio, the rooms would all be sound proofed for the sake of recording and the like. You spun around. There were still three different directions to go. You were Anna Ishikawa. This should not be a problem someone like you has...

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Anna couldn't resist one last crack at the police officer. "The elevator?" she gave him an equally stupid look as the doors shut on him. Anna walked around the floor looking for Alex or anyone that might point her in his direction.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:06 pm

"I just like to ride the elevator up and down." The cop gave you an intentionally "I'm retarded" look as he waved waved bye-bye and spoke like he was a dopey cartoon character. The door closed with an unimpressive ding. Then the elevator went back down to the bottom. You were left up here to find Alex, by yourself.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Anna laughed loudly. "Your confidence is inspiring, Officer.....though Alex may be quite upset himself if you do not allow me to pay him a visit, especially as we're so close to him now....and I might have to take steps to see he is just as invitingly greeted when he enters my place of work. If it is your approval I must have to pay him a visit then surely, I must already have it.....otherwise we would not be in this elevator now, would we?" She watched the mortal amused at his antics.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 pm

"Yeah I know," He said. "I've already spent too much time around you. I might be infected." He smirked. "But I know something you don't Miss Queen Bee. Without my approval, you're going right back downstairs. Funny thing about royalty. They always forget about the little people. It's okay though." The policeman smiled gingerly and turned as the elevator door dinged open revealing a hallway that went left and right, as well as a long hallway ahead of you. There were many, many doors.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Anna looked at the man seriously. "Really?" she started sniffing around the elevator making a disgusted face as she drew closer to the policeman. "Oh....I think you may be right. There's definitely some bullshit in the elevator...officer. Might want to take a shower once you're finished up here for the evening."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 am

"And how is that bullshit smelling doing for you? I don't like the smell of bullshit. If you spend too much time around it, then pretty soon it's all you can smell. It gets all nasty. It starts to stick to you. Pretty soon there is not getting rid of it. Yeah. I hate the smell of bullshit." He followed you into the elevator, pressed a button and then waited for the door to close. He looked at you seriously after making his last comment and once again the funny police man caught you off guard. At first you had thought he was just making a statement that turned into a lucky metaphor regarding your position.

But a second look around his eyes revealed to you that he was implying you were full of bullshit.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:01 pm

"Law Enforcement is not my practicing trade. Knowing when someone is feeding me a line of bs is.....officer." she watched him out of the corner of her eyes. "We both knew she was just pulling some bureacratic nonsense to make herself feel more important. If I were a patient woman I might let her away with it, but my time is more precious than hers, even if she does not think so. So I choose to ignore her and press on with the matter myself."

She waited for the elevator to arrive before entering it ahead of the policeman. She wondered why she bothered to explain herself to what must be in effect no more than walking food in this organisation.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:13 pm

The policeman snickered. "I see law enforcement isn't your practicing trade." He looked at the elevator as it stopped on the third floor. There was a slight pause so he took the time to pick up where he left off. "The receptionist, Becky, didn't say anything. I know. I was standing right there. She pointed at the sign in book. That doesn't mean he's here." The policeman had a shit eating grin on his face when the elevator dinged open a mere second or two later.

"But since I happen to know for a fact he's up there, and that he's in the studio just dabbling..." He gave you a dramatic bow towards the elevator. "Your chariot awaits m'lady."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 am

Anna opened her mouth ready with a stream of invective to destroy the policeman, when she noticed him looking at her. She ignored his patronising and condescending manner to her. Something that would normally have grated on her nerves to no end. She walked alongside him, moving her hips to please him, so he'd notice until they got to the elevator.

"Of course Alex is here, Officer. His receptionist said he's in meetings. Meetings implies he's in an office somewhere. In an office implies he's here. Alex is an....aquaintance of mine. When last we met our parting was sudden. Now I'm back in the area, I thought it was time we should remake aquaintances. There's a few people in the area I've reintroduced myself to. Now, it's Alex's turn."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 pm

The cop grinned at your frustration. "Well I can assure you, I would like to be of forthright assistance but I do believe that if you want to expediate the process you should quit foolin' around over there by the desk and come step onto my chariot." He was using his police officer tone, but he grinned like a sly shark, pinging the elevator button.

His subtle expression in his eyes told you that Owen didn't seem to be bothered by your bitchiness. He looped both of his thumbs into his front pockets and rocked on his heels while waiting for the elevator. He checked you out, but he wasn't obvious about it. It struck you as a little odd. Someone checked you out. You weren't used to that. Well, of course everyone checked you out, but this was the first time in a long time that you had noticed someone checking you out. It was almost always kindred, and it was always because they wanted your blood or your favor. This mortal wanted neither blood nor your patronage. He simply wanted you. You could see from the flicker in his aura he was attracted to both of your most obvious qualities, your appearance and your attitude...

You were snapped back as soon as you heard him. "You're new in this building. I'm not sure Alex is here, but I'll take you to his studio. Why do you need to see him so bad anyway... If you needed him so badly there are other ways to reach him."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Her nostrils flared in disgust at the interruption by the security guard. She had the situation with the secretary well under control. The woman needed to know who should be allowed through without appointments and she'd figured Alex would have made sure she was on the list. The casual tossing away of the Klondike bar was gross to her sentiments. She couldn't beleive Alex would hire anyone so....so pedestrian.

"I am here to see Alex Bane, Officer." she knew his name, but chose not to use it. "This one" she pointed agitatedly at the secretary "is of no use in this matter. Please take me to him forthwith. I have matters of importance to discuss with him. He knows who I am."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 am

Becky turned around almost immediately about to screech something no doubt stupid at you when your little display caught the attention of someone nearby. You heard an "Excuse me!" in a fairly commanding but non-threatening male voice. You were turning towards the movement on your left to see a white guy, who by the looks of himself worked out and kept in shape. He had short hair that wasn't cut in a military style but was universal and utilitarian. He was wearing a pair of faded blue-jeans and dark dress shoes. The look was enough to make your nose twitch. Looking away from that and further up, the man had on a belt. Holstered on his hip was a pistol on the left side. On the right was a flashlight, baton, and space for two spare magazines.

You noticed the man was wearing a pretty tight black shirt - no, wait, it was a cleverly concealed vest over a shirt, and then a snug fitting black shirt over that. The big giant word "Police" in yellow plastered on the back and over each of the short sleeves indicated he had some sort of interest in your dispute. If that wasn't enough, perhaps the silver badge he had clipped to the front of his belt would be.

Stopping just out of reach a few feet away from you, the man tossed a crumpled up Klondike Bar wrapper into a trashcan behind the counter next to Becky. She glared at him while he held his hands up in a "fade" after throwing the "swish". "It's okay," he said to her while turning to face you. "I've got this one."

Attention fully on you, the officer smiled and walked halfway from the front desk towards the elevators that went up to the floors above. "Hi there Miss Ishikawa. My name is Officer Thorn, but everyone around here calls me Owen. Don't worry about her at the desk. Talk to me. What seems to be the problem?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:22 am

Anna's eyes narrowed, though she and Alex were perhaps not on the best of terms, he really should get better staff. Anna smiled, as she reached forward touching the cutoff switch for the phone, so she would have the receptionists full attention.

"I'm sorry, did I do that? I don't think you understand....Becky" she looked down at the name tag the girl was wearing on her tawdry clothes. Her voice dropped a tone, turning it into a menacing tone. "I said I do not have an appointment. He will see me anyway. Feel free to call him if you must, but one way or another I will see him. Tell him Anna is here."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:04 pm

The woman behind the counter looked up at you lazily. She either didn't think much of your all high and mighty look or her phone conversation was more important. She pointed at a book on the counter marked "Appointments" and then shook her head and made a slow cut-throat sign with the back of her hand across her own throat. It was a poor excuse for words, but the gist was that without an appointment you weren't getting into the offices.

She even turned her back and swung around in her swivel chair. The rapidly aging blond named "Becky" with black rimmed glasses had just turned her back...on...you.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Anna drove in the front entrance slowly, fortunately there was a spare spot near the front. She paid no attention to the reserved for employees only sticker reserving the place for someone who worked for a living. Drawing into the place, her car slowed to a stop. Anna switched the engine off and put the car into park. The hot moisture of the air welcomed Anna, it seemed much more pleasant than the ever present frigid cold of Braddock.

She walked into the building with the unconscious walk she always used, the hip swaying rhythmically, drawing attention to herself. the receptionist had clearly seen better days. Anna could see the wrinkles forming on the girls face. She must be all of twenty sometihng and time had already taken it's toll on the poor girl.

"I'm here to see Alex Bane, I'm not expected, but he will see me. Tell him it's Anna Ishikawa."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Sharpening the Axe - Anna - Page 2 Empty Sharpening the Axe - Anna

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 pm

You have spent 5 days and 4 nights in Los Angeles. Your hotel had grown boring. You'd made a purchase on what you could best surmise as a quaint little Victorian mansion for about 7 million when it was all said and done. Movers had been moving your stuff during the day under the supervision of your dear Julio. You weren't quite sure how you would manage without Julio. The gay Cuban had a god awful thing for Hawaiian shirts, but he could decorate the interior of a house better then anyone except well... you of course.

Realizing that Los Angeles would not be friendly unless you could manage to put yourself on good terms with at least one of the power brokers. On your checklist was one of the easiest kindred to find. Alex Bane. Alex was supposedly one of the most world renowned kindred guitarists. He'd run afoul of the law up in Seattle when he was a neonate and has been a crushed Anarch ever since. Not known for his super keen intellect, Alex is prone to flighty behavior as he tries to decide if he's smart or just a smart ass. Other kindred have commented on his boyishly attractive looks and baby blue eyes but you never saw what the big deal was. Alex was an uncouth, uneducated, drooling slob. When you learned about the Triple X coterie it dawned on you that Alex was merely the frontman while Jillian pulled all of the strings. However, to get to Jillian, you were going to have to go through Alex, and that meant playing nice...for now.

Approaching the Triple X studios from a southbound lane, you had the top down on your car. It was the classy, vintage beast fit for someone like you. It was a Carolina Blue 1957 Chevy Bel Air. The old fashioned original radio was precisely tuned in to the local classic rock station. It was hard not to smile when the always popular, BTO hit "Taking Care of Business" came on loud and clear. Neon lights and a giant red flashing X proclaimed the front entrance to the Triple X building...

OOC - http://www.familycar.com/classics/Images/57ChevyBelAir.jpg <--- Your car

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2