Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a cool night - Duncan & Roger

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What a cool night - Duncan & Roger Empty Re: What a cool night - Duncan & Roger

Post by Beta Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:01 pm

OOC: Roger would be driving to his warehouse haven, which he keeps nearby partly for occasions like this. I can do an establishing post, briefly describing the journey there, then the look of the place from the outside before Duncan gets a look at the renovated interior. Then more talk can begin.

Jedi, do you want a new thread or to keep things in this one?
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 pm

OOC - Yea. Beta, where do you want to go next? What's the scene homie?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:30 am

Duncan nodded. "Yup. Lead the way, I'm good at tailing people", he joked, and winked at Roger.

OC: New scene?

View profile for Duncan McAnders

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-26

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm

As Duncan looked around, Roger instinctively glanced to either side of him. "Fair point. I've got a place near here, about ten minutes away, if you're interested. Are you parked outside?"
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:46 pm

"Homework", he bluntly stated without missing a beat. "A chance to stick a thorn in the Sabbat's paw tickels me a bit. But either Ed doesn't actually know the answers he's being so cryptic about, or he's pegged us for suckers and will only tell us enough to get us in trouble. Either way, I think we aught to learn on our own what he's planning on telling us later. If nothing else, it'll impress him."

Duncan shifted a little, looking around to make sure there was still no one in earshot. Then it dawned on him that this wasn't Elysium, and there was no 'no auspex' rule. "I'd like to pick your brains a little for more details on them, since you've been here as long as you have. But should we be talking about this here?"

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:07 pm

"Braddock?" Roger remembered the place being mentioned to him before, but was ashamed to admit that he'd hardly stepped outside of California, let alone travelled the US or even overseas. "Never travelled as far myself, spent my whole life here in LA. I do much the same now as I did then, offering my services to anyone who seeks them. Although the nature of my ... heritage can make things a little difficult." Sighing, he turned to look at the Brujah that had just left them, "Hence my attempts at branching out a little, such as with our mutual associate there."

Pausing for a moment he turned back to Duncan, "So, what do you have planned while we await more exciting crime-related details?"

Last edited by Beta on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Duncan smiled and nodded at the first question. "Moved here from Braddock a couple months ago. I haven't been a detective in a long time, officially. But Kindred seem to keep secrets more out of out of habit than necessity, so I never really gave it up in practice. Your clan seems to know that better than anyone.

So what's your deal here Roger?"

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:24 am

Hoping not to bore his prospective partners-in-crime, Roger smiled as Duncan took out his notebook and began to pose more questions. Grinning again after Ed's departure, he turned to face Duncan, pointing at his notebook. "Let me guess. Former PI, right? Been here in LA long?"
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Ed looked at you both and snorted. Meh. Tckeh. "I hope 'neither onna'ya thinks I'm that stupid. Ha! Reveal all the good information before know'n what kind of commitment you gonna be willin' ta offer." Ed laughed a bit.

"Tell ya what. Meet me at the old church. If you think 'bout it hard enough you can find it. Three nights from now. You show up and then I'll have more details for ya. 'til then..." Ed upnodded someone else in the crowd. "I'll leave you two newbies to get all cute and cuddly with each other."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Duncan's eyebrow certainly went up when Ed mentioned that the Midnight Guardians were ex-Sabbat. But as Roger pointed out, there were a still few good questions left unanswered, and it seemed more and more like Ed was just flying by the seat of his pants. He looked anxiously toward Ed in hopes he had misjudged.

'An ex-Sabbat turned Anarch just sounds like a Sabbat flunkie. Someone who wouldn't cut it in the Sabbat, and certainly wouldn't be accepted by the Cam. But I don't even know their reputation, so it's probably too soon to judge. Still, no cause for backing out necessarily. Just means we need to do some homework before actually hopping in a little inflatable raft and corssing our fingers.'

He opened up his notepad again, and added to Roger's list of questions. "What's the name of this boat, and where it is? We should really get a look at the thing before diving in head first."

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:04 am

For a while the Ed's natural confidence mollified any worries that Roger had, but as the Brujah finished the same concerned expression that he'd had moments before returned. "If you both permit me, I do have one minor concern. Now like most of my kin I do have a talent for being unseen. But even with that I doubt that I or any of us will able to carry a crate-load of firearms without there being the slight possibility of raising suspicion. I'm sure both Duncan and I would be interested in what you know about the people on the boat; say, how many there might be, how well armed they'll be, anything like that."
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 am

Ed harumphed and pushed himself off of his leaning position so he could stand upright. "The point is the job ain't sposed to go south. But it's pretty simple. We get on the boat by coming up along side it in one of them little inflatable boats. We sneak aboard by climbing up the side, then we go down into the back hatch, kill any guards if we got too, take the crates of guns, and come back down the way we came. I got these special waterproof bags with inflatable balloons on them." Ed looked pretty confident. His naturally intimidating manner seemed to back up his confidence.

"Won't even know we hit'em. But if'n that ain't good enough, we'd be fuck'n with the Midnight Guardians. Some Ex-Sabbat. They can't do much or we turn'em back over to the Sabbat. They can't bitch and moan too much or they look stupid. They can't say they was robbed neither. That would make'em look like weak idjots." He nodded knowingly.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:34 pm

As he huddled in, Roger wondered how the new arrival would react to Ed's plan. No doubt he’d appreciate the extra cash, but would he be as eager once he’d heard more about who the Guardians were? He met Duncan’s expression with one showing his own trepidation. Sure, he’d gotten pretty good running rings around the law in the past, but he knew his tricks would work as well against the self-appointed vampire police. But this guy seemed pretty sharp, and Roger was interested in seeing how he’d react to Ed’s proposal.
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Duncan found himself wondering what the sheriff might think of this, and who he might end up pissing off in the course of what sounds like a criminal act. But he kept having to remind himself this isn't the Cam anymore, and the rules are a might fuzzier out here. On the other hand, jumping into it blind was just foolish. So he glanced once at Roger to see if he could gather the same apprehension on his expression, and looked back to Ed. "I left my ties to the 'right' side of the law behind along with Mortality, so don't get me wrong, I'm interested. But in case the job goes south, I'd be foolish not to ask for some details on the people we'd be pissing off."

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:21 am

Ed snickered at Roger. He kept his attention on Duncan though. "Roger here and I was talk'n before you showed up about a job I been piecin' together. It's worth..." He pushed himself off of the table and then leaned forward a bit, huddling over the two of you. "It's worth 10 a piece, plus fair share of the loot. Stuff belongs 't'them Midnight Guardian fucks. On a boat. Piece of cake." He makes eye contact with both of you.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 am

'Figures. I'm finally about to learn something useful about a local, and a lawyer gets in the way. Feels like old times...' Duncan shook his hand all the same. Usually lawyers give the business-standard of a firm two-pump handshake. But with the look of this man, he expected it to be more of a wet noodle. "Duncan McAnders, nice to meet you. And no, actually we were just getting acquainted, and discussing firearms."

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:32 pm

“Hahaha,” the two slits at the centre of Roger's face flared as he laughed at what he had just heard. Not because it had been funny; God no. But you didn't get far in Elysium if you hadn't learnt when to laugh at the right times and with the right people, even when you'd just heard a joke for the fifth time that night. Half from boredom, half from interest, he subtly scanned the room, picking up a new arrival. His ears, though now circular stumps, still visibly pricked as he honed in this man's conversation. He slowly turned his head one way, and then back, “Excuse me gentlemen.”

Walking away from the group as quickly as could be considered polite, he approached the two men. One he knew: “Evening Ed,” he said, offering a polite nod; he then turned to the second. “Well well, a new face?” He extended his hand. His skin was like aged note paper; thin, yellow and marked throughout with faint lines. Except these lines laid below the surface, and you had the uncomfortable idea that merely shaking this man’s hand might cause bruising. “Roger Watson, attorney at law.” He smirked, “Hope Ed hasn’t been giving you too much trouble.”
Beta
Beta
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:52 am

"Been a while since I've handled a shot gun, tell ya the truth... outside the range anyway. Not since I was a beat cop, now that I think about it. God, how long ago was that?" McAnders trailed off for a moment, looking over Ed's shoulder off into space trying to answer his own question. "Oh well. So what do you do around here where you'd need all that firepower?"

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 am

OOC: Bump Bump!

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 am

Ed squinted for just a moment and looked forward. "You know, that's a pretty good question. But I gotta admit, sometimes I get excitable as to choice, so I like to keep my options open. Am I using a pistol? A machine gun? What am I tryin' ta kill? Werewolves? Or am I just gettin' good discounts off'a the spineless because of my intimidating good looks?" As you mentioned your .357, Ed smirked.

"The Three-Fifty-Seven is pretty nice. It's classic. It has power too. In a pistol, I prefer a .45. But I hafta say, overall, especially for our own particular situation, a shotgun is probably the very best choice. It's everything's natural predator."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:51 am

He laughed. 'Now that was more like it.' "So what do you usually carry? Mine's just a 357. They offered a baratta after a while, but I figure if I can't get the job done in six shots, I'm dead anyway." Well that was slightly awkward. McAnders couldn't take a seat or else he'd have to crane his neck to talk to Ed. But he couldn't lean on the table either, because of a whole personal space thing, and he'd have to be right up on the guy. So he just kept his arms crossed and stood in front of him, occasionally glancing in the direction of the other Kindred.

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 am

Ignoring Ember entirely after chasing her off, Ed shook his head when you mentioned sitting, but he put the knife away and leaned against the table anyway. Ed folded his arms and looked down at the ground in a somewhat disarming yet somewhat frightfully gloating fashion while you listed off several of his attributes. "You forgot somethin'." He said.

Ed looked up just long enough to make eye contact and then nodded. "I look pretty fuck'n cool with a gun too." Ed smirked. He was clearly trying to gauge your response.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:20 am

Duncan watched as Ed drew the blade, obviously trying to be intimidating. Succeeding, too. Not so much for fear that the guy would start an unprovoked fight, but because he seemed to have been sniffing out more than just bacon. 'Nah, I must be getting paranoid.' All the same, he kept his eyes locked on Ed's, just in case they suddenly gave away where that knife was headed.

When Ember started running at the mouth though, Duncan turned to face her by way of a single step, that just happened to put himself one step away from her, in case Ed had a temper. Quickly though, he interrupted what his response might have been by answering his initial comment. "Of course I'm going to seem a little off. I hate smalltalk, feel like a fish out of water having come from a Cam city, and am now trying to decide just how open to be with someone brandishing a knife." McAnders crossed his arms, in part to keep the guy from getting edgy if he were to drop his hands in his pockets, and thought for a moment about what he could already figure out about this guy.

'He swore in a different language just then. And he already heard about someone so new, and to has a deliberate interest in newcomers.

He knew someone from fight club by reputation. And a good enough fighter to do that probably isn't as foolish as he seems, pulling a knife on someone carrying a gun. That rules out Gangrel, they wouldn't bother with knives when they have claws. And he just doesn't seem like the Tremere or Ventrue type.'

"Yes, I use to be a detective. Let's see if I haven't gotten rusty, I think I know a few things about you though Ed. I have to agree with Ember. You do seem interesting. You're fluent in at least one other language, have a lot of contacts on the street, probably Brujah or Toreador, and smarter than you let on. How am I doing so far?" Then he noticed the seats left behind from the poker game. "Do you want to sit?"

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 am

I looked down at the ground where Ed had spit on the floor. Considering he wasn't chewing tabacco, the spit was more or less a derogatory unspoken comment for my benefit. "Well Ed, thanks so much for your opinion about me but I don't seem to recall anyone asking for it. In fact, I can't remember the last I cared one way or the other what people thought about me." I looked at Duncan, "You have a nice chat, think I'll take myself to mingle about for a bit." With that said I turned my back on Ed and began making my way around the place.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:11 am

"Name is Ed, an I don't do nonna that Sashayin' gossa either." He glanced at Ember after she called him out, but only during his response. He eyeballed her again. "Yea... heard about you." He spit on the ground.

"You put a beating on Whisper. Big deal. You drove away from a couple'a pigs. Who cares. I don't think you're nothin' special. Ya ain't even got the sense ta keep a low head while yer new." He scoffed and looked back at Duncan and drew his knife. He squinted while waving the knife around. "But you... somethin' 'bout'chya... I can't quite figure it out."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next